Rain or shine, sunscreen should always be our best friend. Every time we go out in the sun our skin is exposed to the harmful UV rays of sun. This can cause skin cancer and also cause wrinkles and fine line. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, up to 80% of sun’s harmful UV rays can pass through clouds. So that means sun can damage our skin regardless of the weather. Therefore, sunscreen is must. So check out my post on How to Use Sunscreen with Makeup.
Check – Easy Makeup Tutorial Without Foundation and Concealer
Healthy skin is always in. So remember to wear sunscreen every single day. Irrespective of your skin tone, sunscreen should always be an important part of your makeup. Now here the confusion lies. Dermatologists recommend wearing sunscreen every single day, but most of us don’t. We wear makeup every day, but often get confused about how to use sunscreen with makeup. Especially, during summer we often fear that applying sunscreen might cause our makeup to melt down. But that never means that you are going to skip sunscreen. This article talks about How to Use Sunscreen with Makeup.
Tips to Use Sunscreen with Makeup
- Makeup should always be done on clean face. No exception here too. So before applying anything on face, first cleanse it thoroughly with a face cleanser suitable for your skin type.
- Now take some sunscreen and apply all over your face and neck. Don’t apply too much or else your makeup will make a mess on your face. Wipe off the excess sunscreen with a tissue or blotting paper. You should use a sunscreen with SPF 30 or more.
- Wait for few minutes. It is best to wait for 20 minutes before applying makeup. This will help your skin to soak the SPF and the effectiveness of sunscreen will remain intact.
- Alternatively you can use a BB or CC cream with SPF, but make sure you get great coverage out of that. When it comes to protecting your skin from sun, nothing less but thorough coverage is needed.
- Don’t forget to protect your lips. We often apply sunscreen on our face, neck, arms and ignore lips. But our lips can get sun-burnt too. So apply a lip balm with SPF.
- You are almost done. Just finish it off by dusting some translucent powder to keep your makeup in place and cut through any oiliness created by sunscreen.
Go for mineral makeup products. When you are planning to stay out in the sun for a longer period of time, try using mineral makeup with SPF. According to dermatologists, applying mineral makeup with SPF over your sunscreen creates an extra layer of protection and keeps the skin safe.
To save some time while doing makeup, use a tinted sunscreen instead of foundation. This will eliminate the need of applying another extra layer of sunscreen and it will keep your makeup light. For the dusky divas, if you find tinted sunscreens are too light for your skin tone, just finish off by dusting some loose powder that matches with shade of your skin tone.
We all know how important it is to reapply sunscreen, especially when you are out in the sun for a long time. This ensures that our skin remains safe. But this reapplication process can get little tricky since your makeup is already done. So keep a translucent powder with SPF 30+ with you for touch ups to maintain sun protection.
Check out some good sunscreens here
Hope you enjoyed reading my post. How do you like to apply sunscreen with your makeup? Do share your own secrets in the comment section below.