Acne is the most common skin problem that can be found on teenagers. And not only teenagers, even adults also suffer from acne. Some people suffer from acne for their entire life. As much as acne ruins our look, it spoils our mood too. Acne can easily be associated with the feelings of embarrassment, anger, disgusted etc. Even after acne disappears, it leaves behind ugly scars on our face that are very difficult to get rid of. Lots of acne medications are available in the market, but most of them contain chemicals. So its always better to go back to mother nature. Coconut oil is one such amazing natural ingredient that works wonders for acne. Check out my post on how to use coconut oil to treat acne.
Acne is mainly caused when our pores get clogged with dirt, oil, bacteria etc. Improper diet, stress, hormonal dis balance, genetics etc are also responsible for acne breakouts. Coconut oil is a natural and very effective treatment for acne. Coconut oil has many amazing properties that make it an excellent remedy for acne. Coconut oil is anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial. As a result it works great to reduce the redness, infection and swellings on the skin caused by acne. Coconut oil is also a rich source of skin nourishing vitamins and nutrients. They clear out acne scars, prevent future breakouts and heal skin faster. Clearly, coconut oil is very effective to reduce acne. So read on to know how to use coconut oil to treat acne.
Coconut oil is a great natural ingredient that prevents acne. Coconut oil is also a source of lauric acid and caprylic acid, which are known for their powerful anti-bacterial, anti-microbial & anti-fungal properties that helps to combat acne. Coconut oil contains Vitamin E, which helps to keep skin healthy. Also Vitamin E controls the excessive oil secretion from sebum glands and unclogs pores. Acne affected areas on skin tends to be hot and inflamed. Coconut oil easily gets absorbed in the skin and relieves inflammation as well as cools down skin. Coconut oil is highly effective in increasing metabolism, which in turn balances the hormones responsible for acne.
Before and After
How to Use Coconut Oil to Treat Acne
- Apply a thin layer of coconut oil on the acne affected areas. Before applying coconut oil, make sure to wash your face with warm water as it will open up the pores and makes it easier for coconut oil to enter the skin. The best time to apply coconut oil on acne, is 1-2 hours prior to your bedtime. This will let coconut oil to work on the skin all night.
- Coconut oil can also be applied in the morning.
- At first, the coconut oil will appear greasy, but wait for a few minutes and see how it gets absorbed in the skin.
- Other than face, if acne is there on other parts of the body, then the best way to treat them is by mixing few drops of coconut oil with our bath water. The water has to be warm though. It works even better when your skin is already clean of dirt and pores are not clogged.
- Coconut oil can also be taken internally to treat acne and other skin infections. Take 2-5 tbsp of coconut oil daily, either straight or by adding it with other foods. Coconut oil boosts our immune system and keeps our body healthy and also fights all kinds of infections. Furthermore, coconut oil increases our metabolism rate, which balances hormones and reduces acne outbreaks.
- While using coconut oil to treat acne, always choose the highest quality available. Virgin coconut oil is the best choice. It can be little expensive, but works wonder for skin and our overall health.
Also read :
So there are plenty of reasons to try out coconut oil to treat acne. Hope you liked the post 🙂 See you all soon!