Acne is considered to be a very common but most dreaded skin problem. Acne spoils are entire look and damages the texture of our skin with pimples, rashes, blackheads and whiteheads. Acne also takes a long time to heal. Even when acne is healed, it leaves behind ugly scars that are even more difficult to get rid of. There are many products available in the market that claim to cure acne. Some of them work, some don’t. And while selecting products, we also need to be careful as to which one will suit our skin. Furthermore, most the acne cuing products come loaded with chemicals that worsen the situation more. Natural remedies are much safer to use. Clove oil is one such remedy that cures acne. So check out my post on how to use clove oil to treat acne.
Clove oil is an essential oil. Generally clove oil is used topically to treat acne. Clove oil has anti septic, anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to reduce acne in a natural way. Clove oil is very high in manganese and some other nutrients such as calcium, potassium and magnesium. Besides eliminating acne, clove oil can kill parasites, improve blood circulation, cure gum diseases and kill molds and fungus. Clove oil is very effective in treating acne symptoms and that’s why clove oil is often rated as Mediocre Treatment for acne. So read on to know how to use clove oil to treat acne.
Clove oil is a very potent essential oil to treat acne because it has both burning and purifying properties. Some people use it in its pure form as a spot treatment for acne and pimple. But this should not be done. In its pure form, clove oil is very irritating and therefore it should always be mixed with skin friendly carrier oils like olive oil or coconut oil before being applied to the skin.
How to Use Clove Oil for Acne Treatment
- Mix 2-3 drops of clove oil with your regular skin cream or lotion and apply it to the affected areas. Use it regularly to reduce the appearance of acne. But be careful with the amount of clove oil you are using.
- Mix a few drops of clove oil with coconut oil and apply this oil mix to the affected areas. Let it sit for 20-30 minutes and then wash off.
- You can mix clove oil with your makeup products too. For example : Put 10-15 drops of clove oil in your regular foundation and then shake the (foundation) bottle well to mix them up. Now apply foundation on face just the way you do it and go out. Once you come back, wash your face with a cleanser and see the difference.
- Mix 1-2 drops of clove oil with 10-12 drops of pure coconut oil. Now dab some of this oil mix onto a cotton ball and gently apply to your acne and pimples. Leave for a while and then wash off with plain water. This easy remedy not only reduces acne and pimples, but also improves your complexion greatly.
- If you have oily skin, mix clove oil with your face pack and use it on your pimples and acne. Clove oil contains eugenol – a substance which has strong anti bacterial properties. Dermatologists believe that clove oil can cure cystic acne too.
- Clove oil, in its pure form is too strong for skin. So the best way to use it by mixing 1-2 drops of clove oil with 10 drops of any carrier oil like coconut oil, olive oil, grapeseed oil or Vitamin E oil. Then apply this oil mix to acne and zits using cotton ball. Let it dry and then clean off with normal water. Clove oil is extremely good to treat both existing and emerging breakouts.
More Tips on How to Reduce Acne ↓↓
So friends, clove oil when used carefully can be an extremely good natural remedy for acne. Have you used clove oil for acne? If yes, don’t forget to share your experience with us 🙂