How to Use Aloe Vera for Acne – Best Home Remedies – Aloe vera is a miraculous ingredient to boost our health and beauty. In this article, we are going to discuss the best ways to use aloe vera for acne. Aloe vera comes with a tons of beauty benefits and that’s why, it is one of the extensively used ingredients in various skin and hair care products. Regardless of age, acne is one such skin problem that troubles everyone. Some of us suffer from huge acne breakout during our teenage, whereas there are people who experience horrible breakout problem in mid-age. Most of the time, acne can be cured by natural remedies or home remedies. Aloe vera is a great natural treatment for acne. So, let’s check out different ways to use aloe vera for acne.
Check – How to Get Rid of Whiteheads with 11 Simple Home Remedies
Before we start exploring the most effective ways to use aloe vera for acne, let’s first check out some interesting facts about aloe vera.
Facts about Aloe Vera
- Aloe vera is a plant that belongs to the succulent family.
- It was originated in the Northern Africa, Madagascar and the Arabian Peninsula.
- Normally the plant grows 24 to 39 inches in height. Most types of aloe vera do not have a stem.
- Aloe vera plant has thick, long, fleshy and serrated leaves, which are sometimes covered with white spots. The leaves form a rosette. Leaves are green or grayish in color.
- Aloe vera stores water in its leaves, roots and stem.
- The clear gel inside the leaves is commonly known as ‘aloe vera gel’.
- The aloe vera gel contains 75 different minerals, vitamins, amino acids and enzymes which are beneficial for human beings.
- Aloe vera is known as burn plant (because of its ability to soothe burns), as well as ‘lily of the desert’.
- In ancient Egypt, Aloe vera was known as “plant of immortality”.
- Out of 240 known varieties, only 4 types of aloe vera are commercially used for the production of gels, capsules and other products used by human beings.
- Aloe vera can survive over 100 years in the wild.
So, what makes aloe vera great for acne removal? Let’s find out.
How Aloe Vera helps to remove Acne
- Aloe vera contains ‘gibbereline’, which is a growth hormone and a polysaccharide known as glucomannan, both of these together, helps in collagen synthesis and keep the skin healthy.
- The anti bacterial properties of aloe vera helps in acne treatment, as well as brings down the redness associated with acne.
- The glycol-proteins present in aloe vera reduces the inflammation.
- The natural astringent properties of aloe vera absorbs the excess oil and thus, prevents the clogging of pores.
- Aloe vera is a natural antioxidant and contains high amount of zinc, Vitamin C and E.
- It also contains magnesium lactate that helps to bring down the itchiness caused by acne.
- The salicylic acid present in aloe vera helps to unclog the pores and get rid of acne, blackheads, whiteheads etc.
- Regular application of aloe vera gel helps in pore tightening, thus, minimizing the chance of accumulation of dirt and oil in the pores and prevents acne.
- Not only acne, but aloe vera gel also helps in removing acne scars.
How to use Aloe Vera for Acne
So, it is clear that aloe vera is a great natural ingredient that helps with acne breakout and makes the life easier. Below is a list of best ways to use aloe vera for acne, check it out 🙂
1. Turmeric and Aloe Vera
Why to use turmeric and aloe vera for acne
We are going to start our list of different ways to use aloe vera for acne with the combination of turmeric and aloe vera. Just like aloe vera for acne works great, turmeric is also a great natural ingredient to treat acne. It has anti microbial properties as well as anti inflammatory properties. This is why the combination of turmeric and aloe vera for acne is a great treatment for acne.
Check – How to use Turmeric for Skin Whitening
How to use turmeric and aloe vera for acne
In a bowl, take 1-2 tsp aloe vera gel and a pinch of turmeric powder. To this, add 1 tsp besan. Make a paste and add water if required. Spread this evenly all over the face and let it dry. Rinse off with water and repeat this face mask with aloe vera for acne twice a week.
2. Cabbage and Aloe Vera
Why to use cabbage and aloe vera for acne
This is a quite unusual and lesser known combination for acne. Cabbage contains sulfur, which helps to dry up the excess oil of the skin and thus prevents acne. Sulfur also can fight off the acne causing bacteria. Cabbage is rich in vitamin C which promotes healthy and glowing skin.
How to use cabbage and aloe vera for skin
Take a medium sized cabbage and cut it in small pieces. Put the pieces in a blender and add a few drops of water to blend and make a paste. Take 2 tbsp of this cabbage paste and add 1 tbsp aloe vera gel to this. Mix well and apply this on the acne affected parts of the face. Let it sit for 15-20 mins and then use cool water to rinse it off. Pat dry the skin. Repeat this face mask treatment 2-3 times in a week. This is one of the best way to use aloe vera for acne.
3. Use Cinnamon with Aloe Vera
Why to use cinnamon with aloe vera
The combination of cinnamon and aloe vera for acne is a popular one and is also an ancient ayurvedic remedy. Cinnamon has powerful anti bacterial and anti fungal properties which can help in unclogging pores as well as drying out the acne. Furthermore, cinnamon also has blood purifying properties and it also improves oxygen supply to the skin. Cinnamon also regulates oil production in the face which minimizes the chance of breakouts. In fact, it is a great natural exfoliator for the skin and cleanses the pores.
How to use cinnamon with aloe vera
- In a bowl, combine 1 tsp each of aloe vera gel and honey. Add a pinch of cinnamon powder to this. Mix all the ingredients nicely and apply this on the affected parts. Let it sit overnight. In the morning, rinse off with plain water. Repeat this treatment with aloe vera for acne at least 3-4 times in a week for best results.
- Combine 1 tbsp cinnamon powder with 3 tbsp aloe vera gel and 1/2 tbsp almond oil. Apply the paste on the face and wait for 10-15 minutes. Wash off and repeat in every 2-3 days.
4. Apply Neem and Aloe Vera Mask
Why to use neem and aloe vera for acne
Here comes another very effective natural remedy with aloe vera for acne. Neem has amazing anti fungal and anti bacterial properties that fight off the bacteria that causes acne. Also neem can control the oil production in the face and also works great to prevent blocked pores. The fatty acids, ascorbic acid, vitamin E and the carotenoids present in neem are very effective in healing acne scars.
Check – How to Make Best Face Serum for Fair and Glowing Skin at Home
How to prepare neem and aloe vera face mask
- In a bowl, take 2 tbsp aloe vera gel and 1 tbsp neem leaves powder. Add 1 tbsp honey to it. Mix all the ingredients nicely and then apply this on the face. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. Repeat this treatment with aloe vera for acne twice or thrice in a week.
- Take a handful of fresh neem leaves and few basil leaves. Put them in a grinder, add some water and then grind to make a paste. Take this out and add 2 tsp aloe vera gel and 1 tsp honey to this. Mix all the ingredients and apply this on the affected parts. Let it sit for some time and then wash off with plain water. Follow this treatment with aloe vera for acne twice a week for positive results.
- Here is another very interesting use of Aloe Vera. Mix about 1 tsp of pure aloe vera gel with 6 drops of neem oil to make your own moisturizer. You can use this both as day time and also night time moisturizer.
5. Walnut and Aloe Vera
Why to use walnut and aloe vera for acne
Walnuts are a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids. This fatty acids are very beneficial for the skin as they help in reducing inflammation and thus soothing the acne. Check out below how to use walnut and aloe vera for acne.
How to use walnut and aloe vera for acne
Take 4-5 walnuts and then blend them in to a fine powder. Add 2 tbsp aloe vera gel to it and blend again. Furthermore, add half tsp honey to this aloe vera and walnut mixture. Mix well and then spread it over the affected area. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then use warm water to wash it off. Pat dry the skin. Follow this amazing treatment with aloe vera for acne twice or thrice in a week.
6. Tea Tree Oil and Aloe Vera Solution
Why to use tea tree oil and aloe vera
Next comes the combination of tea tree oil and aloe vera in our list of various ways to use aloe vera for acne. Tea tree oil is itself a great remedy for acne. Moreover, when combined with aloe vera, it creates a very powerful face mask to fight off acne. It has strong anti microbial properties which help to kill the acne causing bacteria. Plus the anti inflammatory properties of tea tree oil soothe the inflammation of the skin. Tea tree oil is specially good for those with oily skin as it has the ability to control sebum production and thus preventing acne breakouts.
How to use tea tree oil and aloe vera
Its very simple to use tea tree oil and aloe vera for acne. All you need to do is to mix together 2-3 tsp aloe vera gel and 3-4 drops of tea tree oil. Furthermore, apply this on the acne affected part of the face and leave it on overnight. The next morning rinse off thoroughly. Use this remedy with aloe vera for acne every night until you get positive result.
7. Use Aloe Vera and Lemon Juice
Why to use lemon juice and aloe vera for acne
The combination of aloe vera and lemon juice is a great way to get rid of acne. Its a very refreshing face mask that controls the oil production in the face and also imparts a fresh and invigorated look to the face. This combination cleans out the pores and kills the acne causing bacteria. Moreover, this combination of aloe vera and lemon juice also acts as a natural skin brightener and tan remover and also helps to lighten acne scars.
Check – Himalaya Herbals Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash
How to use lemon juice and aloe vera for acne
- Mix together few drops of fresh lemon juice and 1-2 tsp of aloe vera gel or juice. Apply on the affected areas and then let it stay overnight. If you have sensitive skin, add a few drops of water to this mixture. In the morning, wash off with warm water and then follow it up with cold water. Pat dry the skin and apply some oil free moisturizer. Repeat every night for best results.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and then beat it to get a whipped cream like consistency. To this, add 1 tsp fresh lemon juice and 2 tbsp minced aloe vera pulp. Mix together and apply this as a face mask. Let it dry and then rinse off with plain water. Pat dry the skin and use a oil free moisturizer to moisturize your skin.
- Alternatively, you can make a mixture of 2 tsp aloe vera gel, 1 tsp each of honey and lemon juice. Apply this on the acne affected parts and then let it dry. Wash off with water. Repeat this process once every day to get rid of acne.
8. Use Honey and Aloe Vera Face Mask
Why to use honey and aloe vera for acne
This is a time tested combination to fight off acne. Honey has natural anti inflammatory, antiseptic and antibiotic properties which make it a great ingredient to remove acne. Honey is also a powerful anti oxidant. It can hydrate the skin while also bringing down the excess sebum production. Moreover, the cleansing and healing properties of honey along with its minerals and vitamins are very beneficial for our skin.
How to use honey and aloe vera for acne
- Simply mix a tbsp honey and aloe vera gel in a bowl. Apply this on the acne and pimples and wait for 20 minutes before rinsing off with plain water. Pat dry and then follow up with an oil free moisturizer.
- Cut a fresh aloe vera leaf and boil it in water for 5-7 minutes. Crush the leaf and add 1 tbsp honey. Combine the ingredients and apply on the acne affected areas of the skin. Lightly massage for 3-5 minutes and then leave it on for another 20-30 minutes. Wash off with cold water and do this daily until you get pimple free skin.
- Alternatively, you can combine together 1 tbsp each of aloe vera gel and raw honey and then add some rose water to that. You can also add a pinch of turmeric to this paste. Apply this on the acne prone areas of your face and then wait for 20 minutes. Rinse off and follow thrice a week for acne removal.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera for Acne
Why to use apple cider vinegar and aloe vera
Here comes another super effective face mask for acne. Apple cider vinegar has malic acid in it which acts as an astringent. It controls excess sebum production and cleans out the pores. Apple cider vinegar can remove the bacteria present on our skin surface and maintain the normal pH level of the skin. It also exfoliate the dead skin cells and helps to get rid of blocked pores.
How to use apple cider vinegar and Aloe Vera for Acne
Dilute a small amount of apple cider vinegar with water (1:1 ratio). Add one tbsp of aloe vera gel to it. With the help of a cotton ball, apply this resultant mixture on the acne affected areas and massage gently. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and wash off with plain water. Pat dry and then apply some oil free moisturizer. One needs to repeat this anti acne treatment daily for best results.
10. Garlic and Aloe Vera
Why to use garlic and aloe vera for acne
Garlic has anti bacterial, anti fungal, anti viral as well as anti septic properties which effectively kills the acne causing bacteria. Also it has anti inflammatory properties which reduces the swelling and pain caused by acne. The sulfur compounds in garlic acts as a drying agent and lightens acne scars. Garlic is also an excellent source of various acne controlling ingredients such as vitamin B6, vitamin C, zinc, selenium, copper as well as other phyto nutrients.
How to use garlic and aloe vera for acne
- Take 3-5 garlic cloves and peel, crush and then squeeze out the juice. Mix garlic juice with 2 tsp fresh aloe vera gel or juice. Gently massage this mixture on the acne affected parts with your fingertips. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Rinse with plain water and then pat dry. Repeat this anti acne treatment daily for best results.
- Take 2-3 garlic cloves, crush them and add to 1/2 cup of water. Let it sit for 5 minutes and then add 1 tsp of aloe vera gel. Mix together and apply this on the acne affected areas of the face. Rinse with water, pat dry and repeat daily.
These were our top 10 best home remedies with aloe vera for acne. Below we are going to discuss few more very simple ways to use aloe vera to get rid of acne. Lets check them out quickly.
11. Aloe Vera Face Mist to Treat Acne
Aloe vera has powerful skin renewal properties, which helps significantly in acne treatment. You can definitely purchase a face mist that contains aloe vera or can prepare your DIY Aloe vera face mist.
Check – 6 Common Hair Oiling Mistakes We All Make | Hair Care
How to prepare aloe vera face mist
Take a clean spray bottle and fill it with purified water. Add about 2 tbsp of pure aloe vera gel to it, close the lid and shake well to mix aloe vera gel and water. You can also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, but that’s completely optional. Spray this acne fighting mist on the face few times every day and let it dry naturally. Make sure to avoid the eye area while using this spray.
12. Aloe vera and Coconut Oil Scrub to Remove Acne
Exfoliation is very important if you want to get rid of acne. Below we are going to reveal how to prepare your own anti acne scrub using white sugar, aloe vera and coconut oil. Coconut oil has anti bacterial properties. It contains malic acid which is a natural astringent and aids in getting rid of acne.
How to prepare aloe vera and coconut oil scrub
Take about half a cup of coconut oil (extra virgin) and half a cup of raw sugar (preferably organic) and mix together. Add 1/4th cup of pure aloe vera gel to it and then combine all the ingredients nicely. Keep it in a clean container and store in the fridge. Scoop out required amount of scrub and massage it all over the face, minus the eye area. Rinse well with plain water.
So this was all about how to use aloe vera for acne in various home remedies. Acne troubles everyone, more or less. Instead of spending money on costly anti acne creams, why not prepare your own solution using any of these remedies. What’s more, anything with aloe vera in it will also lighten the stubborn acne marks. Hope you enjoyed the article on various ways to use aloe vera for acne, thanks for reading 🙂