Hey ladies, we will be talking about one menace that all of us might have started experiencing since after the age of 25, your skin begins to lose it’s efficiency of replacing and regenerating the collagen tissue, the way it used to earlier. Yes, we are talking about wrinkles under and around eyes and How to Treat Under Eye Wrinkles in this post.
These begin as barely perceptible fine lines which, if not stopped at this very stage deepen to grow into creases and ultimately frank wrinkles. They look really unattractive as your eyes are usually the first thing anybody tends to notice about you. Below, we shall discuss the causes, prevention and remedies for these little beauty woes. So continue reading How to Treat Under Eye Wrinkles below.
Causes for Under Eye Wrinkles
- Ageing is a physiological phenomenon and unavoidable by all means. With age, wrinkles tend to develop all over your body and are especially prominent in areas where the skin is delicate and thin and therefore less elastic. Under eye area has very thin skin that is devoid of it’s own oil glands so, one of the first areas in your face to be affected by wrinkles.
- After menopause, the estrogen production in your body declines and so the proliferation of collagen and elastin fibres which are responsible for plumpness and elasticity of your skin also declines.
- Too much rubbing can also lead to early wrinkles.
- Smoking can cause earlier and worse wrinkles
- Not having enough water or fluids dehydrate your skin and make it appear more shriveled
- Improper facial care routine
- Stress is your worst enemy
- Not having enough sleep
- Working for long hours in front of computer screens
- Sun exposure can lead to serious damage to skin. So, always be armed against the sun.
How to Treat Under Eye Wrinkles
- First of all, eliminate all the reasons that are causing wrinkles otherwise none of the remedies will be successful.
- For those points that are beyond your control! Help your skin inside out.
- Start using skin care products that contain alpha hydroxy acids, hyaluronic acid and patented peptides. All three of these components help to hydrate and plump up your skin. If you start early, something as simple as vitamin E can help.
- Include foods that are rich in natural minerals, vitamin A, E and C, antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Take up facial exercises, you can learn a plenty of them on YouTube.
- Increase your fluid intake in form of plain water, detox drinks, fruit juices, vegetables juices, green tea,coconut water etc.
If you are really desperate, you can go for procedures like :
- Dermal fillers
- Laser treatment
- Botox treatment
Home Remedies for Under Eye Wrinkles
- Gentle massages around eye area using coconut oil also help.
- You can also use eye masks. A simple one can be made by mixing egg white with honey and raw milk. Use this at least 3 times in a week to get some appreciable results.
- Another recipe includes, mixing yogurt, vitamin C and aloe vera gel and applying this mask around eyes. Leave on the mask for 15 minutes at least. Repeat thrice a week.
Home remedies are chemical free and would need their own time to show results.
So that’s all for now. Hope you liked my post and thanks for reading 🙂