Over 70% of our population is affected by various skin disorders these days. Unhealthy food habit, environmental pollution, climate changes etc are the main causes of these skin problems. Acne, pimples, blackheads such skin issues are so common these days. Common, but very annoying, especially the blackheads. Blackheads are hard to get rid of. We can get blackheads on various places like chin, nose and forehead. Chin blackheads are very prominent and look ugly. Nothing puts a damper on a beautiful, clean face like those stubborn blackheads. So, check out my post on how to treat chin blackheads.
We want to get rid of blackheads as fast as we can. Basically, blackheads are small bumps that appear on the surface of our skin. Blackheads appear when our skin pores become clogged with excess oil and dead skin cells. Blackheads ate hard to clear up. Chin blackheads are particularly pretty stubborn kind of. Also chin blackheads are bigger and more prominent that nose/forehead blackheads. These chin blackheads can spoil our look instantly. And they are tough to hide by putting makeup. Even if we do so, it would only worsen the condition and cause us more trouble. Chin blackheads can be removed by some east home treatments. So read on to know how to treat chin blackheads.
Simple Home Remedies to Treat Chin Blackheads
- Blackheads are the result of sweat, oil and dirt accumulating in our skin pores. So regular cleansing has to be the first step to get rid of chin blackheads. Wash your face twice to keep the pores clean.
- Regular exfoliation is also a must in order to prevent blackheads. This would keep our skin pores free from excess oil and sebum and also helps to get soft, supple skin.
- Use products that contain salicylic acid or glycolic acid. They effectively clean out the skin pores and their anti-inflammatory properties sooth the irritated area.
- Don’t ever squeeze the blackheads with nails because that would simply worsen the condition. Also don’t go overboard with scrubbing, because that would make our sebaceous glands more active and excess oil would lead to more pimples and blackheads.
- Take steam. It can actually do wonders for skin. Either use a steam machine or lean over a bowl of hot water. Exposing your skin to steam for at least 10 minutes on regular basis is very helpful to open up clogged pores. Mix few drops of eucalyptas oil with the hot water and let your skin pores to absorb the essence of eucalyptas oil while taking stream. Eucalyptas oil is a good remedy for skin problems.
- Sea salt is another effective natural remedy for chin blackheads. Scrubbing with sea salt can remove blackheads from chin.
- Use retinoid creams. But always visit a dermatologist to consult before applying any such cream.
- Visiting a facialist is another effective way to remove chin blackheads. Facialists use a device called ‘extractor’ that claims to remove blackheads without leaving any scar behind. The extractor is inserted directly into the pore and it forces the blackheads to come out.
- Increase your vitamin C intake. Vitamin C improves the clarity and texture of the skin.
- Make a paste of orange peel and apply on the affected area. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash off. Orange peel reduces oil secretion which means less dirt accumulation on skin, hence blackheads will be prevented.
- Aloe vera gel or lemon juice also works great to remove chin blackheads. Apply aloe vera gel or lemon juice directly on chin and wash off after 10-15 minutes.
- Various blackhead removal stripes are available in the market. You can also give them a try. Using blackhead stripes along with other natural remedies (mentioned above) would speed up the treatment.
Also read :
These home treatments to get rid of chin blackheads are not only affordable, but also effective and safe for skin. So, don’t stress over your blackheads. Just follow these home remedies and get back your clear, glowing complexion.