Hello ladies!! Today I will tell you something pretty interesting – How to Take Care of Your Hair after Straightening. Hair straightening is a very common hair service. There was a hair trend some years back when girls used to love poker straight hair. It used to give a very refreshed and polished look. So that was the time when hair straightening trend came into existence. Salons came up with this hair care service so that the girls who are not blessed with straight hairs can also flaunt their hairs. Irrespective of your hair type some chemicals were applied on your hair and after some hours you walk out of the salon with the shiny straight hairs.
But its not a fairy tale after all. There is still some story left to this straight hairs tale. You have to make great deal of efforts to take care of your straightened hair. But I have seen many people advising anything about straight hairs and straightened hair girls also doing anything without actually knowing its effect on your hairs. So, worry not here we will be compiling some awesome hacks to take care of your straightened hairs.?Hair care varies as per the timing of the hair straightening. So, let me give you some tips on How to Take Care of Your Hair after Straightening as per day wise.
Hair Care When Your Hair Is Freshly Straightened
- Avoid sweat or water to come in contact with your hair.
- Don’t tuck or hide your hair strands behind your hairs.
- Hair tying is strictly avoided. Not even any rubber bands or clutches on your hair.
- Sleep on a satin pillow case. Well, this is advisable even for a longer run.
- Since you have to avoid any kind of water contact on your hairs so start using shower caps.
[Photo Credit : photopin.com]
Hair Care After Three Days of Hair Straightening
- You can now wet your hairs. But use mild shampoo and conditioner. Don’t use any heavy chemically loaded shampoos.
- Use shampoo and conditioner meant for straight hair only. Now a days you will get variety of options for straight hairs in terms of hair care.
- Avoid hot or even warm water. This will strip of moisture from your hairs.
- Use a wide toothed comb in order to separate and brush your hair strands while it is wet.
- Apply a hair serum regularly. This will further heal and repair your hairs.
- Use hair masks every 15 days on your hairs. This will protect and maintain your hair health for a longer time.
- Always use a leave in conditioners. This will maintain your hair for a longer time.
15 Days After Hair Straightening
- Follow a nutritious rich diet. You must consume almonds, nuts, salmons, fishes. This will improve and maintain your health for a longer term.
- Get your hair trimmed on regular basis. This is advisable that you should trim your hairs every 4-6 weeks. This will prevent any split ends in your hair.
- Avoid using any heating tools.
- Strictly avoid any kind of chemicals on your hairs. After straightening your hair has received higher doses of chemicals already. So, don’t touch any kind of chemicals for at least a year on your hairs.
- Keep it safe against the environmental factors. You must wear head scarves once when you are out on road. This will prevent you from any extreme climatic conditions.
That’s it from me for now! I hope this care tips will definitely help those who have done permanent straightening on their hairs.