Hello all 🙂 Wedding season is going on. Your friends or relatives are getting married and probably you are on the line too 😉 So I thought of sharing a post with you all that would be helpful for you – How to Select Bridal Makeup Artist ?For us girls, wedding day is the most important day of our life. It’s the start of a new life. A girl dreams to become a bride since childhood. And when the day finally arrives, she goes all out to look her best. On this day she is the center of attraction and all eyes are on her. Naturally bridal makeup has to be perfect, because even a tiny mistake can ruin your entire look! It is always better to take help of a professional makeup artist, as they can make you look naturally glamorous on your wedding day! But How to Select Bridal Makeup Artist? Take a look below to find out!
Do Some Research
Talk to your friends, relatives, your lady colleagues or even the sales associates of cosmetic counters at your nearby departmental stores and ask for their referrals. You can also do some online research. Go through the online profiles of different makeup artists. If you like their work, go ahead and contact them.
Know What You Want
Spend a few bucks and pick up some bridal magazines as they can be helpful for you to decide what kind of look you want. Save the pictures you like to let your makeup artist know your preferences.
Meet Your Artist
Now this is the most important part, because this meeting will decide if you are going to ‘sign the deal’ or not. Ask the following things to your makeup artist.
- Cost of bridal makeup
- Any package is available
- How many different looks are there to choose from
- If any deposit is required
- What brand of makeup does the artist use
- Approx how much time he/she will take for the makeup
- If any trial session is available
If you are happy with the meeting so far and want to go ahead, then discuss the main things with your makeup artist:
- Share the kind of look you are looking for on your D-Day. Give them some reference or show them any picture to get a better idea. There are many looks you can choose from – classic retro look, Arabian look, smoky eyes, glossy makeup look, natural look etc. A professional makeup artist will help you choose the perfect look for you, keeping in mind your natural features.
- Tell them about your skin and hair type. This will be helpful for them to work out the best look for you. Our skin and hair texture can vary with seasons. Therefore, ask the makeup artist what brand of makeup he/she will be using on you. Check if that is compatible with your skin.
- Share what you will be wearing on your wedding. The colors of your bridal attire, jewellery and other accessories play an important role while deciding the shades of your makeup. A professional artist will always use those colors which will bring out the Diva in you.
- It is very important that you really get along with your makeup artist. Notice if he/she is getting your points properly. Let them suggest the best for you. After all it’s your D-Day and you can’t afford anything less than the best.
So girls, these are some tips that will help you to choose your bridal makeup artist. After all wedding day is the biggest day of your life. So leave no stone un-turned to get your desired look 🙂