Hi beauties! Again after a long time, I am back with an interesting article — How to Remove Hair Color with Baking Soda. Summer is over, and many of us have colored hair as coloring hair in summer has been in trend for a very long time. Most of the actresses too, cut hair very short and then go for bold hair colors. Our life is not as glamorous as theirs, so by any chance if the hair color does not suit our complexion, it does lower our self confidence. But there is no need to hide your hair color with scarves and hats anymore as so many easy home remedies are there to remove hair color.
Today I will be talking about a method which everyone would love to know about. This is about removing hair color with baking powder. Baking powder is used not only in cakes, bakes, as pimple spot corrector, but it is equally effective to remove hair color. These methods are not only easy but safe for hair as well. So check out below How to Remove Hair Color with Baking Soda.
There are three methods using baking soda which is used to remove hair color.
Baking Soda and Lemon Juice to Remove Hair Color
- Add two tablespoon of lemon juice with two tablespoon of baking soda. Mix well.
- Apply strand by strand to the colored hair. If you have streaks, apply only to streaks.
- Let this mixture sit on hair for few minutes and then wash it off.
- This process is a bit messier. But ultimately this would lighten the hair color significantly. Lemon juice alone is known for bleaching properties. This mixture can be also used to wipe off excess hair color on skin while coloring hair.
Also read ⇓
How Do You Color Hair At Home
Baking Soda and Shampoo to Remove Hair Color
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda with one tablespoon of regular shampoo. Using anti dandruff shampoos like Head and shoulders is recommended which are high in chemical content and pH level. You can even use clarifying shampoo.
- Lather this mixture into hair and let it sit for couple of minutes before finally washing it off. Remember to follow it up with a deep conditioner.
- Repeat this process for few days. This will help in effectively removing the traces of color from hair.
Baking Soda and Epsom Salts to Remove Hair Color
- This is one of the easiest ways out of all methods. This method works on semi permanent hair colors and not on permanent colors.
- While having bath, mix some Epsom salt or commonly known as bath salt in your bath tub.
- Let the hair soak in for a while, the color would eventually fade away.
Check out ⇓
Also Remember the Following Tips While Removing Hair Color
- Color removal should be done within 3 days, so that the color does not settle in hair.
- Washing hair should be done in hottest water, as cold water seals in moisture in cuticles and also the color. But the last rinse should be of cold water.
- Do not expect results to show from the first day itself. It is a gradual process which is hair friendly and would do much less harm than coloring the hair.
- Also, avoid bleaching hair in order to remove the hair color. This would do more damage to the hair.
So friends, hope you enjoyed reading my post today 🙂 Don’t forget to share your feedback below 🙂