Our makeup can never be complete without eyeliner. Eyeliner is one of those magical cosmetics that can instantly glam up your look in few easy steps. We can create various eye makeup looks with eyeliner, like cat eyeliner, winged eyeliner, double winged eyeliner, Blunt eyeliner, Smudged eyeliner and what not! Eyeliner is traditionally used on the upper lash line, however, these days waterline eyeliner has become a trend. Waterlining is a great way to wear eyeliner without looking like you have put anything on. It looks quite sexy. But, like most of the other products, waterline eyeliner tends to smudge and give you racoon eyes!! Keeping the waterline eyeliner intact is quite a challenge, yes!! And to help you win this challenge, today we have come up with this post to reveal How to Prevent Waterline Eyeliner from Smudging. Lets read on!!
We are going to list down some tried and tested tricks to prevent waterline eyeliner from smudging. Obviously you don’t have to follow all the tips together. Pick the one which works best for you.
- The most important thing is to choose the right product. If you want to line your waterline with eyeliner, just go and grab a good quality gel eyeliner. They hardly smudge and stay put for long hours. Wax based liners are great too. The wax liners usually come in pencil form and are super pigmented. Moreover, they are easier to apply.
- Get a waterproof eyeliner. Before applying eyeliner on the waterline, dab some oil free mattyfying powder on the under eye area. This is particularly helpful if you have oily under eye area.
- Take a cotton swab and gently run this over the waterline area. This will soak up the moisture and make your waterline eyeliner stay long.
- Once you applied eyeliner on your waterline, dab some matte black eye shadow over the lined area. Use an eyeliner brush to dab the eye shadow. This will make the eyeliner look more intense, and will lock the eyeliner in place.
- Instead of eye shadow, an oil free, mattyfying face powder can also be used to set the eyeliner and prevent smudging.
- Apply generous amount of mascara on your lower lashes. Make sure its a waterproof mascara. The drying formula of the mascara won’t let the eyeliner to move out of its place.
So these are some tried and tested tricks to prevent waterline eyeliner from smudging. I really hope these tips are helpful and you don’t have to worry about ‘panda eyes’ anymore 🙂