Hey ladies!! I am back with another DIY – How to Make Face Serum at Home. For those of you who are new to the world of skincare and makeup, a facial serum is a clear or cloudy looking thick liquid that is applied on clean facial skin. It has a lighter consistency so absorbs better into the layers of your skin and helps to target specific beauty concerns.
Below, I am sharing two quick and easy recipes that you can prepare with minimal difficulty at home and get results comparable to serums from high end skincare brands available in the markets. The first recipe is targeted at giving you a brighter looking complexion and even skin tone while the second recipe helps to reduce the effects of ageing on skin like fine lines, wrinkles and dark spots on skin. So let’s take a quick look at How to Make Face Serum at Home.
How to Make Face Serum at Home – Recipe #1
Things you need :
- 1 tablespoon olive oil – emollient and antioxidant in nature
- ½ tablespoon aloe vera gel – It acts as an anti inflammatory substance and has a role in soothing out skin irritations.
- 3 tablespoon rose water – It has astringent and anti inflammatory properties
- ½ tablespoon glycerine – helps infuse moisture into skin
How to make :
Simply combine all these ingredients together and mix really well till a smooth mixture is formed. The resultant mixture looks cloudy- cream in colour and has a thin, slimy consistency. This can be use over clean face and neck after toning for maximum benefits.
It can be stored in refrigerator and can be used over a period of 4 to 6 days. After that, you need to prepare a fresh batch.
How to Make Face Serum at Home – Recipe #2
- This recipe one consists of L- ascorbic acid as it’s active ingredient. Ascorbic acid is vitamin C. you can use the vitamin C powder available at your chemist or if you want to use a more natural source of vitamin C for your recipe, you can use Camu Camu powder.. This you might have to hunt online and is really potent containing almost 60 times more vitamin C as compared to Oranges.
- Vitamin C is a very potent anti ageing agent as one, it has antioxidant properties and two, it acts as a mediatory in the reaction that helps in conversion of collage from it’s premature form to it’s active form.
- This recipe should be used after performing a patch test as the skin of certain people is sensitive to vitamin C.
Things you need :
- 1 tablespoon vitamin C powder or camu camu powder
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerine
How to make :
Mix the ingredients together to form a smooth mix. Store it in a dark coloured container to preserve it for a few days in refrigerator. This needs to be used within four to five days so that the vitamin C is in it’s most active form. Apply using your fingers or a nice BB sponge by gently patting onto skin.
Both these serums need to be left on your skin overnight. In morning, you can wash off your face with lukewarm water.
That’s all for now! What do you think about these homemade face serums? Eagerly waiting for your feedbacks 🙂