We all love dewy makeup look, don’t we? It looks great and adds a lovely glow to our skin. But in a country like India where the weather condition is mostly humid, it becomes difficult to maintain a dewy look for a longer period of time. Humidity makes our skin look like an oil stick and it just gets worse for oily skinned beauties. Blotting paper, tissues or pressed powder even can’t help us much. So the trick is to do matte finish makeup! Let’s check out this post on How to do Matte Finish Makeup.
How to do Matte Finish Makeup
Matte finish makeup gives our skin a silky, powdery finish and eliminates the shine from our face. Luckily for us, matte finish makeup is coming back in a big way! But most of the women make mistakes when it comes to do matte finish makeup, because you just can’t apply your matte foundation the same way you would do for your dewy makeup look! Matte finish makeup, when done properly can results in a look that is naturally beautiful, fresh and non greasy. So read on to know How to do Matte Finish Makeup.
Cleansing and Toning for Matte Finish Makeup
If you want to achieve a flawless look, then you have to start with skincare. Having a clean face is important because if you put on makeup on the skin that isn’t clean may lead to the dreaded pan cake look on the face. So wash your face properly with a cleanser and follow up with a toner to keep your skin clean as well as hydrated.
Matte Finish Face Makeup
- Start with an oil free primer. Apply primer with a flat brush & then smoothen it with a sponge over the face. Using a brush to apply primer will help to avoid tranferring oil from your fingers onto the face.
- Apply a matte finish foundation all over the face. Let the foundation dry completely.
- Apply a cream concealer on your blemishes and other imperfections. Dab on some concealer on the eyelids for your eye shadow to long last. For your dark circles, use a lightweight reflective concealer.
- Use a soft and natural blush like matte pink which will add some lovely color as well as dimension to the face.
- Set your makeup by dusting some loose powder all over your face, specially focusing on your T-zone and under the eyes.
Also see ⇓
Matte Finish Eye Makeup
- You have already applied some concealer on your eyes. Now just dab on some powder on the eyelids to create the perfect canvas.
- Apply a light colored matte eyeshadow to the inner corners of the eye and on the centre of the eyelids. Don’t forget to dab on some to the brow bone as well.
- Now using a fluffy brush, blend a darker shadow into the outer corners and crease area of your eyes.
- Take a small precision eyeliner brush and put some dark brown or black eye shadow on to define your eyes by creating a thin line closer to the lash lines.
- Curl your eyelashes and apply mascara.
Matte Finish Lip Makeup
- Take a sponge and dab some concealer all over your lips.
- Line your lips with a neutral lip color.
- Using a brush, put on your favorite matte lipstick. Once you are done, take a tissue and wipe off the excess lipstick.
- If you love to experiment, then instead of matte lipstick, try a lip gloss or a creamy lipstick.
- Finally, dust some loose powder over the lips for a mattifying touch.
Check out ⇓
So friends, here are some tips that will help you on How to do Matte Finish Makeup. Hope you liked my post. Until next one..