Hey ladies 🙂 how are you? Weekends are the perfect time to take care of your skin and nurture it. A facial treatment is a wholesome face skin care that should be taken up every 15 To 20 Days to undo the damage done to your skin by sun, pollution, stress and dust. If you take care of yourself, your self confidence would automatically get boosted and you would actually feel that you can step out without makeup, too. The more chemical free your skincare routine, the better it is. So, as far as possible use natural, kitchen remedies for your skin and switch to herbal brands. Chemical laden products always harm your skin since synthetic can never beat natural. Below are a few steps that can be followed to use things right from your kitchen to take care of your skin’s needs. Not only are these free of chemicals, they are also beneficial to your skin in long run. So lets move and check How to do Facial at Home Using Natural Ingredients.
Steps to do facial at home using natural ingredients
- Cleansing is best done in two phases. One with a oily cleanser like Olive oil or Coconut oil in order to dissolve all makeup. Mix equal parts of oil and water and massage this emulsion across your face and neck for a minute.
- Next, you need to spray a water based cleanser like cucumber water, coconut water or Rose water on your face and use a damp cotton ball to get rid of the makeup residues and dirt. You will be surprised to know that using oil on your face can actually, cheat your skin into thinking that there is enough sebum already and prevent more sebum/ Oil from being produced.
- For deep cleansing, use a steamer to steam your face. It opens the facial pores and actually makes it easier to get rid of dead skin and deeply seated impurities.
- After steaming, scrub your face by using a mix of Gram flour and Raw milk. This gently removes dead skin without being harsh. Leave this scrub on for 10 minutes to dry out. The gram flour would soak up the impurities and excess oils from your skin.
- Splash your skin with cool water, multiple times to close the pores and pat dry. Use a Rose water toner.
- Use fresh Aloe vera gel to massage your face in upward and circular motions to stimulate blood circulation and flush out the toxins. Let the Aloe vera absorb into skin thereafter. Moisturize with a light lotion, if you feel the need, thereafter.
Additional steps ( Optional) for Facial
- You may apply an additional, anti ageing face pack by mixing some freshly ground coffee granules with raw milk and using this pack to boost up your skin”s antioxidant levels.
- Use can use a mild, fruit based chemical peel made by mixing tomato juice and pineapple juice before you scrub your face. The peel further enhances the process of exfoliation and helps in polishing your facial skin, in a way. You just need to dip a cotton ball in these juices and apply the mix, directly on your face. The fruit enzymes also help by lightening your complexion and removing tanning. Fruits are rich in Alpha hydroxy acids.
- If you suffer from Acne, add a few drops of tea tree oil to your cleansing oil. The acne would reduce from regular use.
- To remove tanning, fresh Orange juice works really well. It also boosts your skin’s vitamin C levels. Vitamin C helps in formation of collagen in skin and repair the day to day wear and tear which leads to improvement in skin’s plumpness and elasticity.
- So, that is pretty much it for doing a quick and basic facial at your home using natural ingredients. Hope, you like it and would try doing it yourself.
Do drop in any questions you have, in the comments section below. Our team would be more than happy to answer.