Pedicure is a very important part of our beauty routine. Just like we take care of our face, hands and other body parts, our feet also need caring and pampering once in a while. Our foot has to go through a lot on daily basis like walking, standing, carrying our body weight..it is the most used part of our body, and most neglected as well. Regular pedicure is important to maintain healthy and beautiful feet. However, we can’t always visit salons for pedicure. Sometimes we are crunched for time, or probably we feel lazy after a busy week. But pedicures can be done easily at home and with some simple ingredients, like milk. In this post, I will tell you How to Do a Milk Pedicure.Milk helps to soften and nourish the skin. Also it has lactic acid, which exfoliates dry, dead skin cells and brighten our feet. So lets check out How to Do a Milk Pedicure.
Salons offer various types of pedicures. They use various creams and other stuffs to remove dead skin cells. However, those creams often contain paraben and other chemicals which can be harmful for our skin in the long run. The best advantage of doing a pedicure at home is that you are using natural ingredients and hence, your skin is safe from toxic ingredients. An important part of pedicure is to make the foot soak. Feet need to be soaked well so that they are easy to work with. It is important that the foot soak is made from right ingredients, that will soften the feet, nourish them and help to exfoliate dead skin cells. While you are doing pedicure at home, you have complete freedom to make this foot soak using natural ingredients like milk or honey for optimum nourishment of your feet.
Things You Need to Do a Milk Pedicure
- Milk – 3 cups (preferably whole milk)
- Water – 5 lt
- White Sugar – 1 cup
- Brown Sugar – half cup
- Sea Salt – 1 tbsp
- Tea tree oil – half tsp
How to Do a Milk Pedicure
- Take a clean tub and fill it with 5 lt of lukewarm water.
- Soak your feet for 5 minutes in it.
- To this, add the milk, sea salt and tea tree oil. Mix together and then soak your feet there for another 15 minutes.
- Now mix both the sugar types. Add some lemon juice to it.
- Exfoliate your feet with this sugar scrub.
- Again soak your feet for 5 minutes.
- File your toe nails using a filer.
- Apply cuticle cream to the skin around your nails to soften the cuticles. Push the cuticles back using cuticle pusher.
- Wash your feet with warm water and pat dry.
- Apply a mild moisturizer.
- Finally, apply some nail polish to the toe nails or decorate them with nice nail arts.
How to Make Foot Scrub At Home
Benefits of Milk Pedicure
This is a very effective way to pamper your feet. All the ingredients can be found easily at home and they are budget friendly as well. Milk nourishes the feet and exfoliates as well. Sea salt relives tired feet and works wonder for aching feet. Tea tree oil relaxes the feet and treats infections, if any. Sugar, once again, acts as a great exfoliant.
So now you know How to Do a Milk Pedicure. You also got an idea of its benefits. Do try this out and let me know how it goes 🙂