We all love wearing makeup. Don’t we? Makeup is like an art on the face. And it’s really fun to play with different color and techniques. Most of us always have some makeup on when we are leaving our house. Be it minimal like mascara and some concealer or dramatic dark smokey eyes or bold red lips – makeup is always fun. These days most of us use makeup brushes to apply makeup, because it’s easy, quick and makeup products also can be applied perfectly. With regular use, our makeup brushes get dirty. And it’s very important to keep our makeup brushes clean. So let’s check out my post on how to clean makeup brushes.
Olive oil and dishwasher cleansing method to clean makeup brushes
- Take a clean bowl and mix 2 tbsp antibacterial dishwasher and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Take your makeup brush and wet the bristles slightly with lukewarm water. Make sure you hold the bristle-side down throughout the entire cleansing process, as this will prevent water getting onto the metal handle. Otherwise, water will loosen the glue that holds the bristles together.
- Now dip the damp bristles into the soap mix and coat the bristles thoroughly with the mix. Swirl the brush across the bottom of the bowl to release all makeup residue.
- Hold the brush under lukewarm water and slowly rub the bristles to cleanse. Wait until the water runs clean.
- Reshape the bristles gently and lay your brushes flat on a clean, dry towel and let the bristles dry.
- The dishwasher can make the bristles of your makeup brush dry, so olive oil is added to prevent that dryness.
Baby shampoo cleansing method to clean makeup brushes
- Take a clear sponge and wet it with lukewarm water. Pour a coin sized baby shampoo on the wet sponge.
- Gently rub the tip of the bristles over the sponge in circular motion. Don’t press too hard as it might damage the bristles.
- Make sure the makeup residue has gone completely and then rinse off. Hold the brush under a stream of lukewarm water. Rotate the brush and rub the bristles gently with your fingertip to ensure all the soap gets washed off.
- Place a paper towel or a clean towel and lay the brush flat over it to dry.
Vinegar cleansing method to clean makeup brushes
- Mix 1 tbsp of white vinegar and 1 tbsp of liquid dishwasher with 1 cup of warm water. Mix it well in a cup.
- Dip the makeup brush and swirl around the cup. You will see makeup residue coming off the brush and the soap mix is turning brown.
- Wash the bristles under lukewarm tap water. Gently reshape the bristles and lay flat dry over a towel or rag.
- That’s it, your makeup brush or brushes are fresh and clean.
Also read :
Keeping makeup brushes clean is super important so that we don’t let the bacteria spread on our face again and again, everyday. And these above mentioned methods are not only easy, but also super inexpensive. Hope you enjoyed reading my post today. Looking forward to know how you prefer to clean your makeup brushes.