Hey all 🙂 Hope you are all doing fabulous! Today I am back with a new post and I am sure you all going to love it. So today, I am going to share How to Choose the Right Lipgloss. Whether going for any occasion or it is a simple day out in office, I always get confused when it comes to lip gloss. I have tendency to go for some neutral shades or just a lip balm. What to do I am always confused!! The question is, is it really so difficult to choose over a lip gloss? Don’t we know what we want? I think we know, but the problem is we are not confident enough to accept it. So lets Check How to Choose the Right Lipgloss.
I have Indian complexion, not so fair not so dark. I always find people complaining that how they struggle in choosing a perfect shade according to their complexion. Now I have done some research, asked some fellow writers, and tried to produce a short post on How to Choose the Right Lipgloss.
Know Your Need for the Right Lipgloss
- First you need to decide that for which occasion you are planning to buy a lip gloss, occasion matters a lot, say you don’t want to get that vamp look with red gloss for office right? Similarly a neutral shade won’t go with your night outings.
- So without thinking much about your complexion, budgets etc decide your purpose first.
Try To Understand Difference Between Gloss & Lipstick
- Lip gloss are different from lipstick, they are greasy and runny in texture unlike lipstick. Generally they are glossier and shinnier than lipstick.
- Not only they are different in texture, but their staying power is also a matter of concern, not all the brands offer you long lasting lip gloss.
- So make it sure that you understand if you are applying only lip gloss, then you will have to reapply it especially after having meal.
Check out ⇓
Choose the Lipgloss Shade Wisely
- For girls like me, who has typical Indian complexion, you can choose over a wide range of shades. For example : Peach, nude pinks, all neutral, light brown and cappuccino shades, red with slight orange glimpse will look amazing.
- For girls having darker complexion, try to avoid some shades like, purple, hues, orange, nude brown and silver. You can go for deep reds, maroons, magenta, and browns. Marsala shade is just made for you girls.
- For fairer looking girls, I think neutrals look little clumsy. I would suggest you to go for some pinks, peaches and some darker shades of lipstick.
Budget for Lipgloss
- Before you purchase any gloss, you have to keep budget in your mind
- But remember never ever compromise with the quality, I would say it is better to have single good quality lip gloss rather than lots of cheap items.
- Make sure you read the ingredients before you make the final choice.
Few More Tips for Lipgloss Application
- If you are buying some flavored lip gloss, then please check it well before you buy, because they often smells good but tastes awful.
- You can also keep some neutral shades even if they don’t suit you. You can keep them as a shimmer, just apply over your favorite lipstick to take your look to the next level.
- They are best to get a fresh and soothing look.
Lip glosses are unique and you need to wear them with a sweet smile to steal the hearts 🙂 My personal favorites are peaches, pinks and nudes. What are yours?