Hello all the pretty ladies out there 🙂 How to Care for a New Tattoo? A tattoo for most people is an expression of their deepest thoughts or something they hold very close to their heart and not just a pattern inked on skin. It is an extension of one’s personalities & something that makes you stand apart in a crowd. Below is a list of the most popular tattoo designs among girls and what possible meanings could these hold in lives of different people. We have included some pretty inks, down here,Enjoy the compilation.
Check – Things to Think Before Getting a Tattoo
How to Care for a New Tattoo
- After you get yourself inked, there are certain precautions that you need to observe:
- For at least a few hours after your tattoo is done, you would need to cover it up with a plastic wrap since you cannot afford to expose the tattoo to open air for the fear of contamination and subsequent infection.
- If you are experiencing too much pain and redness, you may take a pain killer and apply a ice/ cold pack over it.
- You need to take extreme care of your hygiene. Keep your tattoo covered as far as possible for a few days. Wash it whenever you return from outdoors
- Your tattoo artist would give you some ointment, mostly Vitamin E based to put onto your skin for several days after you get inked. You are not supposed to be using Petroleum based products to moisturize your tattoo as they may fade your tattoo.
- Always wear a sun block with a minimum SPF of 30 to protect your tattoo from discoloration and fading.
- If you notice any pus discharge from your tattoo, you must visit your doctor. For precaution sake, you may apply some antibiotic based ointment like: Bacitracin, Soframycin or Clindamycin topically.
- Wash the tattoo by splashing water over it. Gently pat the tattoo dry and then let it air dry.
- Ointment needs to be applied in a thin layer over your tattoo.
- Some tattoo artists prefer a band aid that allows your tattoo to breathe and derive oxygen.
- Petroleum products may clog the pores causing breakouts in your tattooed skin.
- Vitamin E is also anti oxidant in nature and causes the wound ti heal faster.
- Do not try to peel the scab or flaky skin that appears during healing if tattoo.
- Your tattoo will get completely healed over a period of 4 to 6 weeks.
Top 5 Tattoo Designs for girls
Bird tattoos are believed to express a wide range of human emotions. A flying dove means a desire to be set free and a strong urge for independence. Small Mexican parrots also known as love birds represent a desire to be truly loved and a wait for an honest companion.
“” Girl you have the wings of an angel….”” This could mean a desire for independence, a request to a guardian angel or a lost loved one to protect or could represent enlightenment and love towards god.
Different flowers hold different meanings. A lotus tattoo could mean a desire to be different and an ability to survive against all odds. It could mean purity of soul. Red Rose could mean love.
Musical notes and guitars
These tattoos are most often flaunted by music lovers and look very elegant too.
A desire to be stable in life or a search for somebody who can act as an anchor/ support or can be relied upon.
These are just symbolic meanings and not hard and fast meanings.. Many people also like to have names of their lovers or favorite players as well as god figurines engraved on their skin.
I used this Cam Original Tatwax Soothing balm which suggested by tattoo artist and this actually worked amazing to healed my tattoo.
This is my tattoo on left hand’s back wrist
Share your tips for tattoo after care if you know 🙂