How to Apply Kajal
How to Select a Good Kajal?
Since we rely so much on this product, it becomes imperative to select a good kajal. Firstly, opt for a kajal that is smudge-proof. So, come rain, snow, happy tears or an impromptu plunge in the pool, your kajal will stay put on your lash lines. Also, select a kajal that is long-lasting, one that can brave the day with you, long hours and all. The Maybelline Colossal Kajal is a great option to try out. Apart from possessing good staying power of up to 12 hours, this smudge-free kajal is also enriched with nourishing ingredients and intense colour pigments.
Applying Kajal the Right Way:
Applying kajal can be tricky. Thick, uneven lines morph your eye shape and take away from the beauty of your eyes. Here are a couple of steps to help you apply kajal perfectly.
- Before you begin applying kajal, ensure that your eyes are clean, devoid of left-over kajal or eye makeup. For everyday wear, you needn’t worry about prepping your eyes with concealer. However, if you are to attend a party, apply a bit of concealer on your under-eye area to cover up blemishes or dark circles. The Dream Lumi Touch Concealer is quite effective.
- When applying kajal, focus on applying it on your waterline as this will give your eyes an intense look. However, if your eyes tend to water uncontrollably or if you wear lenses, apply kajal on your lower lash line instead of on your waterline.
- Using your left hand, pull down your under-eye area gently to expose your waterline. Now, begin applying kajal, starting from the outer corner of your eye and moving inwards towards your tear duct area. Apply kajal in repetitive, short strokes as this imparts more colour to your waterline and will also prevent your lines from going askew. Rest your hand on your cheeks for extra support.
- Once you’ve finished applying kajal, it’s time to take steps to increase the staying power of your kajal and to prevent it from smudging. To do this, apply a bit of black, matte, powder eye shadow along your lower lash lines. Use a flat brush for doing this so that you don’t apply too much eye shadow. The powdery eye shadow will stick to the creamy kajal and prevent it from spreading or fading.
- Lastly, plump up your lashes by applying two coats of the Colossal Volum’ Express Mascara. This step need not be followed for daily wear. However, do follow this step when decking up for a party.
Voila! You now have perfectly-lined, gorgeous eyes that are sure to brighten up your face.