All of us secretly desire for flawless, fair and glowing skin. In a pursuit to enhance our complexion we spend lots of money in beauty parlors, salons and different skin whitening products. But all these parlor treatments or skin whitening cosmetics does more harm to our skin than any good. Harsh bleaches and other chemicals dry out our skin and darken our complexion eventually.
Fortunately, we have a very simple and easy way out to achieve our desired fair skin and that is by using fruit juices. Yes, that’s right! Fruit juices can lighten our skin complexion naturally and you can easily skip those expensive skin lightening beauty treatments and creams. Here we have a collection of some natural fruit juices that help to attain that fair, glowing and flawless skin that we all dream of.
Orange juice to Lighten the Skin Naturally
When talking about natural fruit juices to get fair and flawless skin, orange juice tops the list. The presence of Vitamin A and C make orange a naturally skin whitening fruit. Orange is rich in anti oxidants that fights against skin damaging free radicals and also give clear and even toned skin. We know that melanin is responsible for dark complexion. Being a rich source of Vitamin C, orange can reduce the melanin production. Orange also flush out the toxins from the body and give clear, flawless skin.
- Consume a glass of orange juice everyday to get glowing, beautiful skin.
- Mix honey and orange juice and apply on the face. Let it stay for 30 minutes and wash off.
Lemon juice to Lighten the Skin Naturally
Lemon juice is a superb remedy for lightening skin quickly. Lemon juice is a natural astringent. It has natural bleaching properties. Lemon juice is packed with citric and ascorbic acid which are excellent source of Vitamin C, hence lemon juice acts as a great cleanser for skin. It is a natural bleach. Lemon also balances the ph level of the skin and make skin glowing.
- Add juice of one fresh lemon to a glass of water and mix one tsp of honey with it. Consume daily to get fair and radiant skin.
- Mix small quantity of lemon juice with some yogurt. Apply it once a day. It works as mild natural bleach.
- Take one tsp of lemon juice and mix a pinch of turmeric powder with it. Apply on the face and wash it after 15 minutes.
As lemons are high in acid, the juice can sting sensitive skin. It can be prevented by diluting the freshly squeezed lemon juice with some water.
Apple juice to Lighten the Skin Naturally
‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’. Besides keeping you healthy, apple also provides flawless skin. Apple juice is a great natural way to lighten skin complexion. Copper, zinc, iron, phosphorus and magnesium are some of the minerals present in apple juice that help in skin whitening. The juice tones and firms the skin and also maintains skin’s natural ph balance. The anti oxidants present in apple juice help erase the fine lines, reduce acne and protect against free radical damage.
- You can either eat an apple everyday or alternatively make juice out of it and consume for fairer, glowing skin.
- Rub a thin slice of apple directly on face. Or apply apple juice on face and wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
Mango juice to Lighten the Skin Naturally
Mango juice is rich in vitamin A and C, which help in toning as well as rejuvenating the skin. The anti oxidants present in mango juice fights against skin damaging free radicals. Being a rich source of vitamin C, mango juice reduces melanin production and brings natural fairness to the skin. Mango juice also reduces acne, blemishes and dark spots and gives a naturally glowing skin.
- Apply mango juice on skin or you can add a few drops of honey with the juice and apply it on your face. After 10-15 minutes, wash off with plain water.
- Consuming one glass of mango juice daily gives smooth and fair skin.
Papaya juice to Lighten the Skin Naturally
Papaya is known as ‘The Fruit of the Angels’. This fruit is a rich source of anti oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Papaya juice lightens the skin and removes the dark circles around the eyes. Papaya juice is also very useful to remove sun tan. Papaya juice contains vitamin C which plays an important role in developing collagen, which is responsible for new cell production. Vitamin C also fights against free radical damages that can age the skin. Papain enzyme that can be found in Papaya cures skin impurities.
- Regular consumption of papaya juice not only gives a glowing skin, but also makes skin healthier.
- In a small bowl, take some Papaya slices and mash them. Add 1 tbsp honey and apply the mixture on face. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash off with cool water.
Pomegranate juice to Lighten the Skin Naturally
Pomegranate is a powerhouse when it comes to beauty and skincare. Pomegranate juice has strong anti aging properties and it also purifies the blood that provides a natural glow to the skin. Pomegranate juice prevents hyper pigmentation and occurrence of dark spots. Pomegranate juice is full of Vitamin A and C which keep skin soft, supple and glowing. It also contains zinc that alleviates acne and pimple. Pomegranate juice is ideal for lightening sensitive dry skin. Pomegranate juice protects the outer layer of the skin and helps with the regeneration of inner skin cells.
- A daily glass of fresh pomegranate juice can work a miracle on skin.
- You can also apply the juice directly on skin, massage gently for a few minutes and then leave it for another 10-15 minutes before washing off.
Watermelon juice to Lighten the Skin Naturally
Watermelon juice is a natural astringent that enhances the appearance of our skin. It removes excess oil, which prevents pimples and acne. Besides, watermelon juice is great moisturizer and makes skin smoother and whiter. The acids contained in watermelon juice have exfoliating properties that make skin radiant. Moreover, watermelon juice helps to flush out toxins from body and cleanses the system to provide a youthful skin. It also reduces melanin production.
- Regular consumption of watermelon juice can give a flawless, glowing skin.
- Mix 1 tsp of watermelon juice with 1 tsp of yogurt. Apply this mask on face and neck for 10-15 minutes and rinse off.
Strawberry juice to Lighten the Skin Naturally
It has been found that strawberry juice is rich in skin lightening properties (malic acid) and also cures blemishes and acne marks. Strawberry juice contains ellagic acid that reduces dark spots on the skin. Strawberry juice is a rich source of vitamin C that boosts collagen production which keeps skin young and healthy. Strawberry juice contains certain polyphenols that help prevent sagging skin, protect skin from UV rays and maintains skin lustre and smoothness.
- Mash 3-4 strawberries in a bowl and filter the juice with a clean muslin cloth. Apply the juice all over the face, let it stay for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Eat a handful of strawberries or make juice out of them and consume daily for blemish free, fair and glowing skin.
Nothing brings out the glow in your face like fresh fruit juice. They de-tan our skin, reduce darkness and gradually make skin lighter and brighter. Drinking fresh fruit juice is a welcome change especially for those who don’t like eating them whole. So girls, if you want to lighten your complexion, just go ‘all natural’ with these fruit juices and get that picture perfect, radiant fair skin. Hope you enjoyed my post. Take care and stay gorgeous. 🙂 🙂