Hey friends! Dark circles can affect both men and women. Fade those dark circles away is easy now. Now there are many reasons for dark circles to appear under your eyes; from stress, lack of sleep, hormonal changes, a disturbed lifestyle, hereditary and many more. But if not treated on time, they will not only dull your overall appearance, it can also lead to serious health issues.So here we go to fade those dark circles away.
What Causes Dark Circles
In medical terms, it is called ‘oxidizing haemoglobin’ where tiny blood vessels spread around the delicate skin around the eyes. Since the capillaries are too small, the red blood cells clog up in a single line in order to pass through. As a result the enzymes present in your body break down the red blood cells, including the haemoglobin. This leaves a dark blue-black colour around the skin area. Since the skin around the eye area is thin and the capillaries are closer to the skin, dark circles are more visible around the eye area
Home Remedies For Dark Circles
o Place used and refrigerated tea bags on your eyes for about 15 min.
o Before going out, apply concealer, foundation cream and powder to cover up those dark circles.
o Get into the healthy habit of eating well, sleeping at least 6-8 hours and drinking lots of water.
o Practice yoga exercises such as palming. Rub the palms of your hands together till you find them warm. Then gently place them on your eyes for about 2-3 minutes. Repeat this exercise as often as you want.
o Place a metal spoon under cold running water for a few minutes, dry off the water and hold the spoons gently to your eyes for at least 60 seconds.
Beauty Remedies For Dark Circles
o Cool half a cucumber’s juice in the refrigerator. Apply a few drops of lemon juice and gently apply around the eye for about 10 minutes and rinse.
o Apply thin slices of cucumber on your eyes for about 5-10 minutes to soothe and cool your eyes.
o Make a paste of turmeric powder, tomato juice and lemon juice, apply it around the eye area and wash off 10 minutes later.
Medical Remedies For Dark Circles
o If the dark circles persist for a long time, it’s time to visit an ophthalmologist or dermatologist.
o You could use certain medicated Vitamin E creams meant for treatment of dark circles around the eye area
EYE CARE AT WORK
Here’s some exercise to completely relax the eyes and the surrounding muscles:
• Close your eyes and think of something that is pleasant or soothing and at a distance (like the horizon over a stretch of green, a sail in the midst of a huge water mass).
• Now gently open your eyes and look into the distance.
• Now shift your focus on an object that is at arm’s length.
• Do this extremely relaxing exercise four to five times a day.
You will literally feel that fatigue oozing out of your eyes.
GET THAT BEAUTY SLEEP
Make-up can camouflage your dark circles but can it make you look as ravishing as after you’ve had your beauty sleep? In case of severe insomnia, be sure to consult a doctor.
• Keep regular hours for sleeping and waking.
• Try conscious relaxation or meditation before bedtime. It helps to calm the mind.
• Add a tablespoon of honey to a glass of warm milk and drink it before bedtime.
• Keep the room at a comfortable temperature.
• Try reading a book.
• Have a bed switch, so you don’t have to get up to turn out the lights.
• Exercise just before bedtime.
• Try to sleep immediately after a meal.
• Have stimulants like coffee before bedtime.
• Keep your TV set in the bedroom.
• Force yourself to sleep. It’s a sure way of keeping awake!
Potato or Cucumber Slices
Cut thin slices of potato or cucumber. Now lie down and put these slices on your eyes for fifteen minutes. Regular use will relief any discomfort of eyes and helps to remove dark circles within few days.
Used Tea Bags
Yes! These used teabags that are supposed to be thrown directly to the waste bin, could really help you. Put them in cold water, till they are really cold. Now lie down and place on your eyes for fifteen minutes. Again regular use is required to eliminate dark circles completely.
Soak two cotton balls in rose water, now slightly compress to take away any extra water and put these balls on your eyes. Again wait for fifteen minutes and repeat this daily to get good result.
MASK FOR DARK CIRCLES
You can use this simple mask twice a week for dark circles, all you need is,Finally chopped fresh potatoes 2 table spoons
Honey half table spoon
Cool potatoes in ice chilled water for five minutes. Now mix honey and mask this mixture on your eyes in laying position. Relax your body and wait for twenty minutes. Now remove this with ice water and repeat twice a week.
• Dip wads of cotton in a chilled mixture of cucumber and potato juice. Keep this on your eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes and gently wash it off. Apply a little baby oil.
• For long eyelashes.., apply a thin coat of castor oil every night. It strengthens lashes and cools your eyes.Massage a few drops of coconut oil around the eyes to get rid off dark circles.
• To reduce puffiness of your eyes, grate a potato; tie in a cloth and place the cloth over your eyes for about 15 minutes.
• Add a small pinch of salt in water and wash for bright and sparkling eyes.
• Mix tomato juice and lemon juice in equal quantity and apply around the eyes. After 30 minutes wash it off with cold and hot water alternatively.
• Make a paste of sandal wood and nutmeg. Apply the paste around the eyes before sleeping and wash it off in the morning.
• Crush a cucumber and take the juice. Add a little rose water and apply around the eyes and wash it after 30 minutes.
• Place cotton wool swabs dipped in cold milk on closed eyes for removing dark circles.