Hi girls, how are you are doing? I know, it has been quite some time since I came up with a do it yourself recipe for you so today my post is DIY Powder Face Wash . Well, recently I saw a TV commercial of a dry face wash. It instantly clicked me, why not try making a dry face wash at home. Commercial products can never me totally free of preservatives. I took some ideas online and finally shortlisted 4 ingredients for my dry face wash. Those are
- Gram flour or besan : Mild scrubbing action, soaks up excess oil. It also removes fresh sun tan and is capable of reducing facial hair growth when used as a pack.
- Milk powder : Lactic acid in milk powder softens the layer of dead cells and helps in easy removal of tan and dull skin and acts as a natural moisturizer. It helps in soothing sun burnt skin.
- Coffee ( ground or instant) : It helps in fresh tan removal and also has anti aging action due to it’s strong antioxidant properties. It also has anti cellulite action and improves texture of skin. Not to mention, the aroma.
- Multani mitti (powdered) : Firms skin and clears oil excess oil. It deeply cleanses skin and removes pollutants and impurities. It helps with acne.
Why dry face wash?
One, it is totally natural so, mild on skin. Second, it is less cumbersome to use as you can store this ready to use face wash in a container. Third, saves a lot of money. I use it mornings and before bed time. I have reduced the frequency of commercially available face washes to just once a day, that is after I return from work. This works great for me as it saves from a lot of harsh chemicals and detergents and in fact has a 5 in 1 action of cleaning, soaking excess oil, firming skin, removing tan and scrubbing. It’s like a mini at home total face clean up. In morning I just use it to wash my face and in evenings, I also use it on as face pack.
How to go about it?
- Super easy, the pictures are self descriptive.
- Take equal parts of besan, milk powder and and multani mitti and a little lesser quantity of coffee.
- Mix the powders together and store in an air tight container.
- Just before usage, add 3 to 4 drops of plain water/ coconut water/ raw milk or rose water… Whatever, you feel like and scrub your face using it. You may let it dry as a pack for 5 minutes. Did you notice, the drops of water on my palm formed a heart 🙂
- Wash off with cool water and follow with a lotion.
- Within a week of regular usage, your complexion turns visibly clearer and radiant. The texture improves and in terms of tanning, it has worked much better for me than any commercial face wash.
Go ahead, try it…. Let me know how it worked for you beauties , I am all ears…