Hi friends…. 🙂 today i will share Beauty secrets of Turmeric. Turmeric is a staple ingredient in most Indian cuisines. It has many therapeutic effects. Turmeric or ‘haldi’, is one of India’s most widely used spices. Not only it is used to add color and taste to our food but also as a cosmetic. It has also become a part of our rituals. One of the most important ceremonies of Indian weddings is the ‘haldi’ ceremony where a paste made of turmeric is applied to the bride and the groom’s body as part of their marriage preparations.
Turmeric has been used as beauty product over the centuries. Here are some properties of turmeric that you can use to cure seven common problems and get a flawless skin. here the Beauty secrets of Turmeric….
- If you have an uneven skin tone and would do anything to get that perfect peaches and cream complexion, then turmeric’s what you need. Turmeric evens out the skin tone by reducing the traces of pigmentation. Mix a little turmeric powder along with cucumber juice or lemon juice and apply on skin. Wash it off after 15 minutes. But remember to do this everyday to notice a significant change in your skin colour.
- Turmeric makes for an awesome body scrub. This is why most Indian brides used to smear a paste of turmeric and besan on their bodies before their wedding to get skin that is super smooth, baby soft and glowing.
- Application of turmeric and a little milk cream also makes the skin supple and improves its elasticity.
- Turmeric is an excellent exfoliating agent and can help you defeat the signs of ageing. Take besan (gram flour) and turmeric powder in equal proportions and prepare a paste by adding water. You may alternately prepare this paste in raw milk or even yoghurt. Apply it evenly on your body and leave it till it dries off. Wash it off with lukewarm water and scrub your face gently in circular motion.
Signs of Ageing – You can use turmeric in combination with other ingredients to manage your wrinkle woes.
- Add raw milk and tomato juice to rice powder and turmeric powder. Apply the paste and let it stay until it dries. Lactic acid present in milk will help peel off the dead skin cells.
- You can add turmeric powder in buttermilk and sugarcane juice. This will work the best for dark circles and wrinkles.
- Turmeric-honey paste can be applied on the face and neck to help exfoliate skin and keep a check on pores.
Acne – Not only does turmeric take care of the scars and inflammation but also reduce oil secretion by sebaceous glands.
- To prepare turmeric scrub, add a few drops of water and lemon juice to turmeric powder. Apply the paste on the acne affected area and leave it for about 15 minutes. Gently scrub it off your face with plain water.
- You can also use turmeric and sandalwood mixture as an acne face pack and wash it off in approximately 10 minutes.
- For acne scars, dab a mixture of turmeric and plain water and leave it on the marks for 15 minutes.
- To control oil secretion, prepare a paste of sandalwood powder and ground turmeric with orange juice. Leave the paste on your face for 10 minutes and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Mixture of besan (gram flour) and turmeric in yoghurt/raw milk/water can help women lighten the stretch marks.
- In case you accidently burn your skin you can turn to turmeric for quick relief owing to its antiseptic properties. Prepare a mixture of turmeric and aloe vera gel. Apply it on the burn and notice how it heals the wound in no time.
- Chickpea flour (sattu) or gram flour added to kasturi turmeric can be used as a facial scrub to inhibit hair growth. Be sure to apply this paste for about a month to notice results. Home remedies usually show results over a period of time upon consistent use.
- Apply a mixture of coconut oil/castor oil and turmeric powder on cracked heels preferably 15 minutes before you head to take a bath.
These were some of the many skin secrets of turmeric that can give you a flawless skin naturally. 🙂