Today I will be talking about one of the essential oils that is Tea tree oil and explaining its Beauty Benefits. It has several uses and you will be amazed how easily it can be incorporated in the lifestyle. So today I will be stating few uses of this essential oil and hoping that you will try it out at least once.These days we see many beauty products which are using tea tree oil in them and they are proving to be very useful in curing skin ailments. Infact this essential oil is called “medicine in a bottle” by many people around the world. It has got special significance in the dermatology department of medicine.
Check – Aloe Veda Lavender & Tea Tree Oil Anti Acne Face Wash
Where does Tea tree oil come from
The oil is extracted from a plant native to Australia. It is not to be found naturally occurring elsewhere. The tea tree oil is quiet inexpensive as compared to the other essential oils.
Tea tree oil or melaleuca oil, is an essential oil with a fresh camphoraceous odor and a color that ranges from pale yellow to nearly colorless and clear. It is taken from the leaves of the Melaleucaalternifolia, which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia.
Beauty Benefits of Tea tree oil
- Tea tree oil is used to treat skin ailments and diseases. All the skin related problems can be easily controlled using the tea tree oil. Being said that, it should not be used on babies below 6 months of age and should not be consumed directly.
- Mix one drop of this essential oil in 1 tea spoon of rose water and apply it gently on pimples. It helps cure acne very quickly and dries it out completely without adding any pain. Make sure that you don’t step out in sun when you apply tea tree oil.
- You can use tea tree oil as an effective makeup remover. Mix 4 drops of tea tree oil with 3 tablespoon of jojoba oil and uses it to remove makeup. You can gently wash the face after this.
- To treat foot smell and fungus. Specially in summer foot fungus is a common thing. Mix one bucket of water with 5 drops of tea tree oil and 1 tablespoon of baking soda. You can soak your feet in it for about 10 minutes and then scrub it.
- Those who get razor burn and ingrowth infection especially near the bikini area this oil is a savor for you. Dilute it with 1 tablespoon of oil and then apply it using a cotton ball. It will give a relief from pain within days.
- If you are getting dandruff and itchy scalp problems then add a drop of essential oil in your shampoo or last mug of water and wash your scalp with it. It will prove very beneficial for the same.
- Tea tree oil can also be used for minor burns, cuts and insect bites. Make sure you always dilute it with water or oil before using it. this essential oil comes in very concentrated form and should not be used alone.
- You can use tea tree oil in the facemask as well. I have tried this technique and it was very affective for me. I mixed 3 drops of tea tree oil in my multanimitti + papaya face pack and let it dry on skin for about 10 minutes. I use this face pack thrice a month and I have seen improvement in my skin and reduction in acne since the second time itself.
- You can use it for oral care as well. Mix 2 drops of tea tree in 1 cup water and use it as a mouth wash. it has proven to be an effective cure for bad breath, plague, inflamed gums and gingivitis.
- It also helps in stimulation of hair growth. So those of you who are facing severe hair loss problems mix this oil with you normal oil and then apply it on your scalp before taking a head bath. It will give a tingling sensation but will be effective after few uses.
Some products which contain tea tree oil extracts
- Fabindia Tea Tree Skin Toner
- Jovees Tea Tree Oil Control Face Wash
- Himalaya Anti Dandruff Hair Cream
- Garnier Pure Active Neem Face Wash
- Joy Turmeric Neem Purifying Face Pack
- Eraser Priva-HY Feminine Hygiene Wash
- Lakme Clean Up Clear Pores Facial Scrub
- Aroma Magic Mineral Glow Scrub
- Aroma Magic Camphor Ice Foot Cream
- Lakme Cleanup Clear Pores Face Mask
- Trichup Silky Potion Serum
- Himalaya Anti-Dandruff Hair Oil
- Clean and Dry Intimate Cleansing Foam Wash