Rose oil is an essential oil, which is widely used in aromatherapy. Rose oil can be obtained by fresh rose petals through the process of steam distillation of the plant Rosa Damascena. Rose oil contains the flower’s aromatic compounds too. As these compounds contains healing properties, so rose oil is used for number of health benefits these days. Rose oil has an intricate chemical composition which consists of 300+ compounds. These compounds are extremely beneficial for health as well as beauty. So check out my article on Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil.
Rose essential oil or rose oil is derived from fresh rose petals. Rose oil can do wonders for our skin by making it soft, healthy and fresh. Rose oil has antiseptic, anti viral, anti microbial properties that have made it an excellent remedy to treat skin problems. Not only skin, rose oil is also beneficial for hair and scalp. Rose oil treats dandruff and promotes hair growth as well as protects hair and scalp from premature ageing. In short, rose oil is a must in a girls’ kitty because of its immense beauty benefits. Read on to know the Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil.
Rose oil has amazing effect on various skin and hair problems. Let’s take a look at them :
Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil on Skin
- Rose oil is an excellent moisturizer for dry skin. It nourishes the skin and helps to retain the moisture. Add a few drops of rose oil to your regular skin cream or homemade mask for added benefits.
- If you have oily skin, mix a few drops of rose oil in cold water and rinse your face with it. Rose oil acts as an astringent on oily skin and helps with tightening of skin, shrinking open pores and controls the greasiness of the face.
Also read ⇓
- Rose oil can contract the facial muscles which automatically makes it an excellent remedy to fight skin wrinkles and other signs of ageing. Mix 10-12 drops of Rose oil with almond oil/olive oil and apply it on the face concentrating on the wrinkled areas.
- Rose oil has antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help to treat acne and other skin infections. Simply dab on some pure rose oil on the acne with a cotton ball thrice a day. Rose oil can effectively reduce the inflammation and irritation caused by acne.
- Apart from healing acne, rose oil can also be used to treat eczema, burn, wounds and other skin conditions.
Also read ⇓
- Rose oil contains Vitamin C which is a powerful anti oxidant and it helps to improve our skin texture. If you are suffering from skin pigmentation, apply rose oil regularly on discolored skin for effective result.
- Rose oil can diminish the appearance of stretch marks. Mix 3-4 drops of rose oil to 20 ml almond oil and 5 ml wheat germ oil and massage the affected areas with this oil mix regularly.
- Rose oil is also used for body massage as it can effectively ease off the tension in the nerves, improves blood circulation and helps to heal the overall mechanism of the body. For body massage, mix rose oil with other massage oils or aromatherapy oils.
Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil on Hair
- Rose oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe sensitive or irritated scalp by reducing the redness of the scalp and healing dry, tender scalp.
- Rose oil has immense moisturizing properties. The molecules of rose oil are small and therefore help in deeper penetration when applied on hair and skin. Since rose oil easily gets absorbed by skin and hair, so these days rose oil is used in various skin and hair care products for moisturizing purpose.
- Rose oil can hydrate dry hair. If you are suffering from dry, damaged & brittle hair, apply rose oil directly to the hair from root to tip or mix it with shampoo and other hair care products.
- Rose oil has anti-inflammatory and anti microbial properties. Rose oil helps to eliminate fungus and bacteria from the scalp and treats dandruff, psoriasis and certain other scalp conditions effectively.
Also read ⇓
- Rose oil contains Geranoil which is a strong anti-oxidant. It helps to remove all the impurities from the scalp and hair and protects them from premature ageing.
Hope you girls like my post today 🙂 Until next one..