We usually try to treat our skin and hair problems with various cosmetics available in the market & don’t even hesitate to spend heavily on them. And often we opt for expensive salon treatments to get flawless glowing skin and gorgeous tresses. These cosmetics and parlor treatments work to a certain extent. They are like quick fixes. Moreover, all the chemicals that those products contain can damage our hair and skin in the long run. We often forget or ignore the natural remedies to treat our beauty concern. And these remedies are easily available at every household. Methi is certainly one of such ingredients with loads of beauty benefits. Let’s check out my post on beauty benefits of methi.
Skin benefits of Methi
- Methi has excellent anti bacterial and anti fungal properties. Hence, Methi effectively cures acne and blackheads. It detoxifies the skin and unclogs the pores. Make a paste with a tbsp of methi powder, honey and water and apply it on the affected areas.
Also read : Face Pack for Acne
- Methi is a great natural anti-ageing remedy. It effectively fights with the cell damaging free radicals and repair the damaged cells. Methi also facilitate cell regeneration and slow down the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, age spots etc. Mix a tsp of methi paste with a tsp of milk and honey, apply it all over the face and wash off after 15-20 minutes.
- Methi powder makes excellent homemade facial scrub. Make a pack using methi paste, gram flour, curd and methi soaked water. Apply this on the face and let it dry. Splash some water on your face and start scrubbing in circular motion. Wash off with cold water. This scrub effectively removes dead cells and blackheads. This pack also tones and cleanses the skin and treats sun damage.
Also read : Homemade Scrub for Face and Body
- Methi seeds can also be used to lighten complexion and the dark circles under our eyes. Make a paste of metgi powder and add some milk with it. This paste can be applied on the skin to lighten skin tone as well as under our eyes to reduce dark circles.
Also read : Home Remedies for Dark Circles
- Boil some methi seeds in water for 15 minutes and let it cool. Strain the seeds and collect the liquid. Apply this liquid with a cotton ball to treat acne scars.
Hair benefits of Methi
- Methi is extremely effective in treating hair loss. Methi contains proteins and nicotinic acid which promote hair growth. Soak some methi seeds in water and make a paste. Now apply cocomut oil on your hair and then apply this paste on the scalp. Leave it for some time and wash off. Alternatively powdered methi can be mixed with coconut oil and then apply the paste on the scalp to treat hair loss.
Also read : 12 Simple Home Remedies to Control Hair Fall
- Methi is a very, very effective natural remedy for dandruff. Make a paste of methi powder and apply it on the scalp. You can also add curd to this paste. Regular usage of this treatment causes in dandruff free scalp and healthy hair.
Also read : 15 Natural Ways to Treat Dandruff
- Methi can also be used to condition hair. Boil some methi seeds and let them soak completely in coconut oil overnight. Strain the oil. Massage your hair and scalp with this oil thrice a week to get shiny smooth hair and less hairfall.
- Make a paste by mixing methi powder with coconut oil or coconut milk and apply it on the scalp once a week to treat baldness.
- Crush a handful of methi leaves and boil it with coconut oil. Store this oil and give your hair a hot oil massage with it to prevent premature greying of hair.
Few more benefits of methi
- Methi is a rich source of anti oxidant. So it’s very effective in maintaining our overall health.
- Regular consumption of methi prevents kidney stone.
- Methi works great to improve digestion and relieving constipation.
- Methi purifies blood and improve blood circulation.
- Methi seeds are also known for its ability to fight menstrual cramp.
- Methi control diabetes and helps in weight loss.
- Sprinkle some methi powder while you are cooking meal to prevent acidity.
- Methi has anti-carcinogenic properties that reduce the threat of cancer.
Hope you enjoyed reading my post today 🙂 See you all soon with another new post 🙂