Carrot seed oil is mainly obtained from wild carrots that are found in Europe mostly. Carrot seed oil is basically an essential oil that is extracted from the seeds of those wild carrots. This is amber-colored oil. This oil is perhaps one of the most underrated essential oils in the world of aromatherapy. Carrot seed oil is a powerful detoxifier and it helps to ease stress and exhaustion. But apart from that carrot seed oil has rejuvenating effect on our skin and hair. These days we see many skin care products that contain carrot seed oil. But what does carrot seed oil do for our skin? Well. Check out my post on beauty benefits of carrot seed oil.
Carrot seed oil has great skin healing abilities. Carrot seed oil is loaded with anti oxidants that can combat the free radicals which damage our skin cells. Carrot seed oil is used in many skin care products especially products for dry, sun damaged skin. Also most of the high-end anti ageing products contain carrot seed oil. Carrot seed oil is famous for its ant- bacterial and healing properties. Not only skin, but carrot seed oil is also very much beneficial for long, healthy hair. Carrot oil keeps hair healthy and shiny. Read on to know more about beauty benefits of carrot seed oil.
Beauty Benefits of Carrot Seed Oil for Skin
- Carrot seed oil has magical ability to rejuvenate skin. A primary component, known as ‘carotol’ can be found in carrot seed oil that actually helps to rejuvenate skin cells. Apart from carotol, carrot seed oil contains vitamin C and E which are known for their skin protecting and skin moisturizing qualities. All these ingredients together bring a new life to our skin.
- Carrot seed oil is high in anti-oxidants and it also contains vitamin E and C. All these makes carrot seed oil a great anti-aging skin formula. Carrot seed oil rejuvenates skin cells and promotes new cell growth and also reduces wrinkles and fine lines.
- Carrot seed oil can act as a skin tonic that can protect our skin from harmful UV rays of sun and other environmental assaults. Carrot seed oil has carotenoids in it, which can improve our body’s immune response from the UV rays and thus results in less skin damage.
- Carrot seed oil contains a primary component ‘carotol’ that has the ability to treat wounds and skin infections. Carrot seed oil is well known for healing eczema, psoriasis and other skin rashes and infections.
- Carrot seed oil is also used to treat hyper pigmentation and stretch marks.
- Carrot seed oil is a great moisturizer for all skin types. It provides just the right amount of moisturisation so that skin doesn’t become oily and also doesn’t clog pores.
- If you are worried about your skin dryness, look for skin care products that contain carrot seed oil. Carrot seed oil’s amazing skin rejuvenating abilities can make skin moisturized and healthy in no time.
Also read :
Beauty Benefits of Carrot Seed Oil for Hair
- Carrot seed oil can be applied on hair and scalp as it helps in new cell growth.
- Carrot seed oil is a great moisturizer for our hair and scalp which promotes overall hair health. Use carrot seed oil as a scalp massage oil once or twice a week and over time you will find your hair getting stronger and damage resistant.
- Mix 3-5 drops of carrot seed oil with 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water to make it your signature healthy hair rinse.
Also read :
Now that you are aware of all the fabulous qualities of carrot seed oil, try to include it in your skin care regime and reap all the benefits of this amazing essential oil. So, lovely ladies, that’s it for now. See you soon with another post. Till then take care and stay fabulous!