If you think chocolate can only help you with your mood swings, then think twice. Chocolate, in fact is a great way to add to your beauty. Chocolate is a rich source of anti oxidants and it has anti ageing properties as well. Chocolate hydrates skin and works towards reducing acne marks and blemishes. Moreover chocolate suits all skin types. And the best way to extract all the benefits of chocolate is by doing chocolate facial. So check out this post on All about Chocolate Facial. These days all the salons offer exotic packages on chocolate facial and it’s surely tough to resist ourselves from indulging in a super pampering chocolate facial session. But do you know that chocolate facial can be done at home too? Yes, it’s true. So without much ado, let’s move on to the article that talks All about Chocolate Facial.
Benefits of chocolate facial
- Chocolate is high in anti oxidants as well as contains anti-aging properties.
- Chocolate imparts a natural and healthy glow to the face.
- Chocolate naturally boosts the production of collagen which is a protein that keeps skin youthful and firm.
- Chocolate facial also takes care of blemishes and scars.
- Chocolate facial keeps your skin hydrated and therefore delays the appearance of wrinkles & fine lines.
- Chocolate facial suits all skin types.
- Chocolate facial enhances our complexion and ensures that our skin remains healthy & glowing in the long run.
You can get your chocolate facial done at any parlor or salon. But it is quite costly. So if you don’t want to spend much to get your facial done, then either you can get one of those chocolate facial kits available in the market and do the facial by following the instructions given there, or you can make your own cream, paste, scrub etc at home to get your facial done. However, the process is little bit hectic. Check out below how you can do your chocolate facial with homemade products.
Also read : ⇓
How to do Chocolate Facial at Home
- Cleanse your face thoroughly to remove every trace of dirt and oil. You can use natural cleansers like a paste of milk & (a pinch of) turmeric or milk and besan.
- Next exfoliate your skin with a homemade chocolate scrub. Take 1.5 spoons of cocoa powder. To this, add 1 spoon of olive oil, some brown sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract. Mix well and gently scrub your face with this in circular motion to get rid of dead skin cells and dirt.
- Once you are done with scrubbing, massage your face with a nourishing chocolate cream. Mix some cocoa powder and grated paneer. Add honey to it and blend well to make a smooth paste with cream like consistency. Massage your face with this in gentle upward motion, let it sit for 10-15 minutes and rinse off with plain water.
- Now comes the chocolate face mask.
- Pat your face dry and apply any face toner of your choice.
- Chocolate Face mask for oily skin – Take 1/3 cup of cocoa powder and add 4 tbsp honey, 2 tbsp of besan and 3 tbsp of curd to it. Mix well and spread the mask on your face evenly. Wait for 15-20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Besan will cleanse the skin thoroughly and curd will take care of excess oil of the face.
- Chocolate Face mask for dry skin – Mix cocoa powder, oatmeal, honey and fresh cream together to make a smooth paste. Spread on the face evenly and wait for 20 minutes, before washing off with lukewarm water.
- Chocolate Face mask for anti-aging – Make a paste by mixing dark cocoa powder and water. Now boil 1 tsp of green tea leaves in water and once it starts imparting color, remove from heat. Allow it to cool and add 2 tsp to that cocoa powder mix. Add 1 tsp of raw milk and combine all the ingredients well. Apply the mask all over your face and let it sit for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Chocolate has a feel-good factor that gets transported to our skin via chocolate facial. So indulge in the luxury experience of chocolate facial, whether you do it at home or at your favorite salon.