You cannot be confident if you are not comfortable with the way you look. That’s what happens when you have acne. Your self-esteem becomes dependant on acne breakouts, and you want to stay away from people because acne embarrasses you.
Check – 15 Top Homemade Acne Treatment for Clear Skin
There are a lot of treatments available today to get rid of acne. The most common are the over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide products for topical application. However, the problem is that even after acne seems to have cleared up from your skin, it can reappear in the future. This is because your skin might still be suffering from the effects of the problem.
Many people have scars on the skin as a result of acne for prolonged periods. Scars take some time to fade away, but until they do, you are left with low self-esteem. People who have fought a long battle with acne would completely relate to this. Clear and healthy skin is the key to confidence, and here are a few ways to achieve it
- Apply make-up, but not heavy-handedly : Now this one’s a quick fix. While it is okay to disguise scars with some make-up, make sure you do not cake up too many products in a bid to conceal marks. Make-up can lead to clogged pores, which makes your skin highly susceptible to getting acne again.
- Moisturize your skin: It is important to keep your skin Moisturize at all times. And this is not just meant for women with dry skin. Even for those who have oily skin, moisturizing is important in order to let the skin repair and revitalize itself. This is not a miraculous means to get rid of acne overnight, but something that is very beneficial in the long run.
- Hydrate your skin: To keep your skin hydrated from the inside out, drink lots of water throughout the day. This will also flush out toxins and reduce high cholesterol.
- Protect your skin from the sun: One of the top reasons for skin damage is regular contact with the sun. It is also a major cause of skin cancer and leads to many other skin problems such as premature ageing of the skin. When you are already suffering from acne, constant exposure to the sun will delay the healing process, and in fact, stop it altogether. If you want your acne and scars to go, you need to take UV protection seriously. Go for products that have UV protection.
- Watch what you eat: If your skin is acne-prone, stick to a low-glycemic diet. Anything that makes your blood sugar soar rapidly will crank up the insulin and cause inflammation on a macro level. This ultimately puts the skin oil glands in overdrive. Limit the intake of sugar, rice, bread, and pasta and instead choose vegetables, beans and whole grains.
- Get your beauty sleep: When you sleep less, you are more likely to get stressed. This boosts the production of glucocorticoid, causing abnormal skin function and further worsens acne problems.
So, beating acne breakouts is not just about what you apply on your skin but also your lifestyle and eating habits. The epidermal layer of the skin is vulnerable to environment factors and foods you eat. Follow the above-mentioned tips to clear up acne and boost your confidence.