Every time we meet a person for the first time our skin is what gets noticed at first glance. Whether it’s a glowing face or even complexioned and tan free arms compliments come flying instantly from our well wishers. Healthy skin is an inevitable asset and every woman desires to have it. While we spend hours emptying our pockets at the parlors due to few basic things we do make our efforts not reap positive results. In this post I have discussed 5 Unhealthy Habits that Make Age Faster.
Popping Pimples among 5 Unhealthy Habits that Make Age Faster
- This is the most common habit among women which has a huge damaging effect on the skin. Acne, pimples are a common phenomenon among women but in order to get rid of them most woman use their nails to pop out the pimples. The nails contain dirt and grime which can infect the sensitive skin and further aggravate the acne problem.
- Instead of popping the pimples see an expert and get them removed under proper guidance. If pimpled skin is itchy then use appropriate medications for the same.
- If you are used to popping pimples then do it with a proper pimple removing tool and clean it after every use. In order to clean it use anti septic liquid wash and dry it under the sun.
Skin Dehydration among 5 Unhealthy Habits that Make Age Faster
Skin dehydration can be caused by several factors from smoking to alcohol to inadequate consumption of fluids and so on. Dehydrated skin is prone to wrinkles and makes one look dull and gloomy. Here is how to avoid skin dehydration –
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day from several glasses of water to natural and fresh fruit juices.
- Do not smoke frequently. Smoking clogs your skin pores and clogged pores leads to breakouts. Try to go nicotine free to save your skin from dehydration.
- Alcohol degrades the liver and aggravates any skin condition. Bad liver can invite skin troubles like black spots, pigmentation and patchy skin.
- Never skip the moisturizing part of your beauty regime and hydrate your skin with a moisturizer as your skin type. Even oily skin needs oil free moisture imparted by light lotions.
Frowning and Smiling with a Face mask among 5 Unhealthy Habits that Make Age Faster
Face masks are applied to nourish the skin and there are various recipes to try from anti aging to glow face masks. Choose as per skin type and need and follow the instructions on the pack. However the most important part is how to keep the face mask on to get maximum benefits out of it.
- Apply the face mask and lie down on your back and remain for 15-20 minutes. Moving around along with the pack on gives birth to wrinkles and fine lines as the skin gets stretched beyond its limits.
- With the face mssk on do not frown or make faces or even smile. This is a major source of getting smile lines and wrinkled skin on the forehead, eyes etc.
- Do not fall asleep with the pack on as over dried pack is not only difficult to wash off but it needs extra rubbing of the delicate skin which can again cause skin to age before time.
- Use a soft cotton cloth to wipe off the mask and wet it before using. Follow with your regular moisturizer and seal in the moisture.
Wrong washing among 5 Unhealthy Habits that Make Age Faster
Washing and cleansing are important for the skin but doing it right is extremely important to prevent cracked and dead skin. Always chose a facial cleanser and body wash as per your skin type.
- Do not expose your skin to frequent hot showers. Steam leaves the pores of the skin open and it can lead to dryness and itchy skin.
- Instead of using hot or plain water to wash your face, use ice chilled water as it locks the pores and keep skin hydrated for longer.
- While cleansing be very gentle. You can use a cleansing sponge or brush for the face which is specifically designed to clean facial skin. while for the body, pick a nice loofa or exfoliating gloves to get rid of dead skin from the surface.
Wrong Massage among 5 Unhealthy Habits that Make Age Faster
Every product application is followed by a massage but many a times the technique of massage is unknown. Wrong techniques again lead to formation of fine lines as it damages the elasticity of the skin.
- Instead of massaging and rubbing your skin in order to make it absorb any oil or lotion simply use light finger tips and using circular motions massage the skin. One can use a manual facial massager to do the same.
- When it comes to regular moisturizer just pat in lightly on the skin instead of rubbing it vigorously while applying.
That’s all girls..What are your tips to save skin from damage do let us know in the comments 🙂