4 Yoga Poses For Better Sleep – Many of us often have trouble falling sleep. And when we talk about stress, this sleep deprivation is one of the main culprit. Researches show that people who struggle to sleep at night often suffer from depression, anxiety and diabetes. Therefore, sleep deprivation is more damaging than we ever think of. And here yoga can come at your rescue. Here we will talk about 4 Yoga Poses For Better Sleep. Yoga helps to lower our stress levels, calm down our mind and relieve tension in the body. Result? Peaceful, sound sleep that comes naturally. The 4 Yoga Poses For Better Sleep, which we will be discussing here, target different muscle of our body and removes tension. People who have trouble sleeping often experience restless night and sleepy day. And a pre-bedtime yoga practice is the best way to get rid of this. So let’s check out 4 Yoga Poses For Better Sleep.
4 Yoga Poses For Better Sleep
Viparita Karani or Legs Up the Wall Pose
This yoga pose removes tension from legs, feet, spine and nervous system and helps to fall asleep fast. It is a great way to bring the body into a state of deep relaxation.
- Sit facing a wall, keep a distance of at least 6 inches.
- Now lie back and extend the legs up the wall.
- If you feel uncomfortable, place a bolster or a pillow under your lower back before you bring the legs up the wall.
- Place the arms open at your side.
- Close the eyes and breathe slowly. Hold the position for 5-10 minutes.
Supta Baddha Konasana or Reclined Bound Angle Pose
Supta Baddha Konasana is a deep relaxing yoga pose that helps in better sleep. It decreases muscle tension and gives relief from fatigue. This yoga pose also reduces tension and stress and helps to reach a state of relaxation.
- Place a pillow at the base of your back
- Now bend your legs together and gently place the soles of the feet together. Don’t push though.
- Lie your body back across the pillow. Allow your body to open up and just relax.
- Breathe slowly and hold the position for 5 minutes.
Jathara Parivartanasana or Reclined Twist
Reclined twist yoga pose helps to sleep better by relaxing the lower back and helping with digestion. It squeezes out the anxiety and frustration from your day.
- Lie on the back
- Bring the arms out to the side
- Slowly bend both the knees in to the chest
- Now drop both the knees over at the left side of the body and exhale
- Bring the knees as close to the left arm as possible
- Hold this position for 5-10 minutes and repeat on the other side of the body.
Supported savasana helps to relax your mind like nothing else. This should be the final pose before you go to sleep.
- Lie back and let your hands and legs relax.
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly and deeply. Stay like this for at least 5 minutes.
- Now slowly draw the knees to the chest and come out of this pose. And that’s it, now you should go to sleep.
So here are 4 Yoga Poses For Better Sleep. You don’t even need a separate yoga mat or anything. You can just lie on your bed and perform these yoga poses before falling sleep. Now forget counting sheep and ease your way to the dreamland with these simple and relaxing yoga poses 🙂