Nothing looks more attractive than thick and shiny tresses. But hair fall is a very common issue and most of us suffer from more or less hair fall. There can be a number of reasons behind hair fall such as environmental effects, scalp infections, excessive smoking, too much stress, hormonal imbalance, genetic factors, nutritional deficiencies, use of chemically enriched hair products, certain medicines and chronic illnesses. According to the hair experts, losing 50-100 strands of hair every day is normal. But when you start to lose more than that, it becomes a matter of concern.
Losing huge chunks of hair everyday is frightening as well as embarrassing. And we all want to fix this as quickly as possible. Latest technology and most of the hair fall products claim to reduce hair fall. However, it is always better to go for natural remedies to curb hair fall. Here we are going to discuss few of such very simple yet very effective home remedies to prevent hair fall and bring back your crowning glory.
Curd to Control Hair Fall
Curd is one of the best remedies for hair fall. Besides preventing hair fall, it improves the quality of the hair making it smooth and shiny. Curd, which is an excellent hair conditioner, can be used in different ways.
- Mix curd and honey and lime juice. Apply the mixture on your hair. Let it sit for some time and wash it off. This is a great hair mask to treat dandruff, which is a main cause of hair fall.
- Take equal amount of curd and camphor and mix thoroughly. Apply to your scalp. Let it dry and wash it off with a mild shampoo. This pack is of massive help if you are suffering from severe hair loss.
- Combine henna and egg white with curd, apply it. Let it dry and wash off.
Fenugreek/methi to Control Hair Fall
Fenugreek is very effective in treating hair fall. Fenugreek seeds contain hormone antecedents that help towards hair growth and rebuilding hair follicles. They also consist of rich proteins and nicotinic acid that stimulate hair growth. It also softens hair strands.
- Soak a cup of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Make a fine paste next morning. Apply it to the scalp and massage lightly. Wait for 30-45 minutes and rinse it off with plain cold water.
- Make a paste of fenugreek seeds with coconut oil. Apply it on hair and scalp. Let it sit for some time before rinsing it off.
Onion juice to Control Hair Fall
Onion juice is a rich source of sulphur that improves blood circulation to the hair follicles which in turn prevents hair fall. The antibacterial properties of onion juice helps kill germs and treat various scalp infections that can cause hair loss.
- Chop one onion finely and extract the juice. Apply the juice to the scalp, let it stay for 15-20 minutes and wash off with a shampoo.
- Make a hair mask using onion juice and honey. Massage it gently all over the scalp and later shampoo your hair.
- Combine 3 tbsp of onion juice with 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Apply it and wait for 30 minutes before washing it off.
- Use these remedies two or three times per week.
Coconut milk to Control Hair Fall
Coconut milk contains fats and proteins that make it one of the richest sources to nourish the tissues of hair. It promotes hair growth and arrest hair fall.
- Grate the coconut and extract the milk out of it by squeezing it. Apply the milk on hair and scalp. Leave it for half an hour and later shampoo your hair.
- Mix coconut milk with water and then add a few tbsp of camphor solution to the mixture. Massage your scalp with this, let it stay for few hours and then rinse off with warm water.
Hibiscus flower and leaves to Control Hair Fall
Hibiscus flower and leaves have great revitalizing properties. They control hair fall, nourish hair, keep dandruff away and prevent premature greying as well as split ends.
- Crush a few hibiscus petals and mix them with seasame oil or coconut oil to make a smooth paste. Apply the paste to the scalp and hair. Leave it for one hour and rinse off.
- Heat the hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Strain the liquid and collect the oil. Massage your scalp with this and leave it for few hours before shampooing.
- Boil few hibiscus leaves in water. Drain the leaves from the water and grind them to make a smooth paste. Apply it to the scalp, leave it for 40 minutes and then wash off.
Amla to Control Hair Fall
Amla or Indian gooseberry is like a blessing for people suffering from hair fall. It is a rich source of vitamin C and iron which helps controlling hair fall. The antioxidant, antibacterial and the exfoliating properties present in Amla help to maintain a healthy scalp and promote hair growth. Amla is used since ancient times to prevent hair loss.
- Boil some dried amla in coconut oil till the oil gets black. Use this oil to massage your scalp.
- Mix amla juice/pulp with lemon juice and massage your scalp with it. Leave it for 30-45 minutes and wash off.
Green tea to Control Hair Fall
Green tea is a rich source of anti-oxidants which not only prevents hair fall, but also promotes hair growth. Green tea also helps to destroy the bacterial and fungal parasites from the scalp.
- Apply warm green tea (brew 2 bags of green tea in one cup of water) on your scalp. Leave the mixture on for an hour before rinsing it off.
- Beat an egg with 2 tbsp of green tea. Apply the mask on hair and scalp. Let it stay for 30-40 minutes and wash off with mild shampoo. Use this treatment 3-4 times per week.
Coriander or cilantro to Control Hair Fall
Coriander is an excellent remedy for combating hair loss. It contains essential vitamins and proteins that boost hair growth.
- Make a paste from fresh coriander leaves using few drops of water. Apply the paste to the scalp an hour before shampooing. Use this paste twice a week.
- Make powder from coriander seeds. Mix it with your hair oil. Massage your scalp with this to get rid of hair fall naturally.
Aloe vera to Control Hair Fall
Aloe vera is very effective in treating hair loss which is caused by dry or infected scalp. It works towards maintaining ph level of the scalp which promotes hair growth.
- Take one aloe vera leaf, extract the gel and apply it directly to the scalp. Leave it for an hour and wash off. This gel helps to reduce dandruff, which is one of the main causes for hair fall. Use this 3-4 times a week for best results.
- Make your own anti hair fall shampoo by mixing aloe vera gel with wheat germ oil and coconut oil. Apply on to scalp and wash off.
- Mix aloe vera gel with triphala powder and apply it to your scalp. Leave it for an hour and rinse off. It is a great way to treat hair fall problem.
- Mix half cup of aloe vera gel with 2 tsp of castor oil and 2 tsp of fenugreek powder and make a fine paste. Apply the paste on hair and scalp. Let it stay for few hours and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
Egg to Control Hair Fall
Egg is a rich source of proteins, vitamins and fatty acids that nourish the hair. Egg contains a fatty protein known as Lecithin, which prevents the hair from becoming brittle and thus controls hair fall. Vitamin A, present in egg yolk, helps to control dandruff and prevents hair loss.
- Take one egg white and mix it with one tsp of olive oil. Beat it to achieve a paste like consistency. Apply it on hair and scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with cold water.
- Make a pack using egg yolk and honey and use it to get rid of hair fall.
Pepper and lime seeds to Control Hair Fall
Pepper is a great anti bacterial agent and comes with many anti oxidant properties as well. Lime seeds are rich in vitamin C and have anti oxidant qualities. Together they help to keep the scalp free from fungal and bacterial infections that can cause hair fall.
- Make lime seed powder and mix it with freshly grinded pepper powder. Make a smooth paste by using water. Apply it to the scalp and hair. Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse off. Use twice a week.
Oil massage to Control Hair Fall
Oil massaging on the scalp helps to reduce hair fall to a great extent. It reduces dandruff, stimulates blood circulation and thus controlling hair fall and promoting hair growth. You can use hair oils like coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, castor oil, etc. Few drops of lavender or rosemary essential oil can be added along with previously mentioned hair oils for better result.
- Massage any of the above mentioned hair oils on to the scalp and hair using your fingertips. Do it twice or thrice a week.
All these home remedies are very easy to make and they are not expensive at all. All we need is a little bit of patience. So friends, if you are suffering from hair fall, worry not. Try out any of the above mentioned treatments and get back your lustrous, beautiful hair.