Today I will be talking about one of the most dreaded skin ailments and that is acne. how to treat acne is big question, I am here with 11 Tips to Treat Acne. We have faced it in teenage and some might face it now as well. I have a very oily skin and if I don’t take proper care of it I end up having acne. It very painful and troublesome and it does not look good as well. Today I will be sharing with you some tips and tricks which I had been practicing since past few years and I swear by it. You can try some of them and they are very easy to try. Some might prove too useful according to your skin type. So read through all of them and see which one you find useful.
Where does Acne come from
Acne is not dangerous, but can leave skin scars. Human skin has pores (tiny holes) which connect to oil glands located under the skin. The glands are connected to the pores via follicles – small canals. These glands produce Sebum, an oily liquid. The sebum carries dead skin cells through the follicles to the surface of the skin. A small hair grows through the follicle out of the skin. Pimples grow when these follicles get blocked, resulting in an accumulation of oil under the skin.
Following are some of the household and easy to do remedies to fight acne. They have proved very useful for me and my friends as well.
- Toothpaste can prove to very useful for acne treatment. Dab in some tooth paste (not gel ones) on the areas where you have acne. It will absorb all the oil and make the acne dry. This will not leave any marks and also the acne will go away in couple of days.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of tomato juice and 1 table spoon of lemon juice and apply it on face and let it allow to dry. You can wash it off later once dried and then wash face with a mild face wash.
- Make a fine paste of raw garlic and apply it on the acne before going to sleep. Keep it on for the whole night and then wash it the next morning. Not only it treats acne but also clears blemishes.
- Mix equal quantity of lime juice, glycerin and boiled milk and then dab it on face using a cotton ball. Wash it off after drying and do not apply any moisturizer. You will find this very effective from the second time only.
- Take normal oats and grind them into fine powder. Mix it with tomato juice and apply it as a face pack on the entire face. It will absorb the extra oil from the face. You can scrub it off later.
- Dilute one table spoon of jojoba oil with tea tree oil 3 drops and apply it over the entire face. This essential oil has proved to work wonders on the acne treatment.
- Aloe vera has proven to be an effective measure for acne treatment. It’s easily available and can be grown in household as well. Just extract some gel from the plant and apply thin layer on face and wash it off when dried.
- Scrub your skin atleast thrice a week with a mild scrub. This helps remove the dead skin cells and avoids clogging of pores. This helps in reducing acne to a large scale.
- Avoid touching skin too many times. Your hands are very dirty and the skin on face is very delicate. Small dirt can cause big problems. Don’t rest your face on your hands for long. This is not good for your skin overall.
- Apply a paste of baking soda and water and wash it after 15 minutes. This remedy can be used by all skin types and it has proved very helpful.
- Last but not the least maintain a healthy lifestyle. Eat lots of fruits and drink lot of water. Exercise regularly and stay young.