We all take good care of our skin, hair, lips etc, but often neglect our hands and nails. They are constantly on display, yet we do not give them the attention they deserve. But you know what, our hands and nail actually tells a lot about us. Healthy nails and beautiful hands not only enhance our physical beauty, but also serve as the representative of our overall health and wellness. Fortunately you don’t have to spend lot of time and money for beautiful hands and nails. In this article, we have discussed a quick fix for your hands and nails – 10 Minutes Hand and Nail Care at Home. Taking good care of our nails and hands is very important. Dirty hands and nails not only look ugly, but they also make way for various bacteria to attack on us. Therefore, a proper hand and nail care is important to maintain a proper hygiene. Let’s take a look at this article which talks about 10 minutes Hand and Nail Care at Home.
Here is a step by step guide on how to take care of your hands and nails in just 10 minutes :
- First of all, remove your old nail polishes with a good nail polish remover. Make sure, its alcohol free. Rinse your hands and pat dry.
- Next up is to remove any hard or flaky skin from your hands. Soak your hands in warm water for 2 minutes. Use any face/body scrub (or just mix some salt with almond oil) to gently rub over your hands and nails. This will get rid of dry, flaky skin. Rinse and pat dry.
- Additionally, to strengthen your brittle nails, soak them up in warm olive oil or baby oil for 5 minutes.
- Massage your hands with a good hand cream and allow it to get absorbed completely.
- Now is the time to tackle your nails. With a nail cutter, trim your nails and then file them in a shape you wish to.
- With an orange stick, gently push back the cuticles from base and sides of your nails.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and brush them gently using a soft bristled brush to remove every trace of dirt. Pat dry your hands gently with a towel.
- Apply your favorite nail polish and you are done.
Also read ⇓
Few Useful Tips for Handsome Hands and Nails
- Cover up your hands with rubber gloves while doing household works or cleansing.
- Don’t forget to apply sunscreen on your hands while stepping out in the sun.
- Whenever you have some time to relax, massage hand cream on your hands and nails.
- While using any body or face scrub, apply some on the hands too.
- Follow a healthy diet. Here are some foods that will help to improve your nail health – beetroot, spinach, dry fruit, egg yolks, whole grains, soy products.
- Avoid acetone nail polish removers.
- Give your nails a break and leave them without polish for few days.
- Don’t bite your nails.
- Don’t remove cuticles from your nail as it may lead to serious nail infection. Instead apply some cuticle oil and gently push them back using orange stick.
Check out ⇓
This simple hand and nail care routine will keep your nails and hands beautiful without spending too much money or time. So follow this method once or twice a week and surely you will see a difference 🙂